Thomas and Friends Cookies


Gordon

Thomas


Henry




Percy



Part of my boy's birthday cake has got cookies on it. The remaining cookie dough I made them into Thomas and Friends cookies. I needed a cut out cookie recipe so that could cut out the letters to have his name on the cake. This simple and light butter cookie dough made it perfect for what I needed!
Ingredients:
Cake flour / Plain Flour 200g
Icing Sugar 65g
Butter 120g
Egg Yolk 1
Milk 2tsp
.
Method:
1. Beat butter , milk and sugar till light and fluffy. Add in yolk and continue to beat till well
blended.
2. Sift in flour to the butter mixture and use a spatula to mix them together to form a soft cookie dough. Keep the dough in fridge for 30 minutes before rolling out and cut.
3. When roll put the dough, use a piece of plastic over the dough to prevent the dough sticks to the rolling pin.
4. Bake the cut out cookies at 180'c for 12 minutes.

Comments

Oh!! You bought these cutters! I was contemplating if I should get it as my son is also a great fan of Thomas. But I didn't as I don't bake cookies alot as I'm not a cookie fan. If I do bake cookies, I prefer drop cookies, lesser stuff to wash up :P
Cosy Bake said…
Haha... you so smart!! I also not a fan of cookies. not even the drop cookies. But ti's for the sake of my son's bday cake...
I stil have so many cookie cutters sitting in the compartments. dono when will I use them.
Anonymous said…
just tried out your recipe, first time baking cookies! Took out the dough too early and had to redo. Also the 1st batch was slightly burnt. now waiting to do the second batch. Thanks for the wonderful recipes!
Cosy Bake said…
Got to watch your baking time. This cookies suppoc to be pale. Happy baking!

Popular Posts