Matcha Chiffon II
This green tea chiffon may not look as pretty. But I have to say the texture and taste is really good. It's that very Japanese taste ( yes, I know it's green tea...) and characteristic for a chiffon cake. Could it be the red bean plays a part of it??! Oh ya, it's a recipe from that EXPENSIVE book I just bought. SO it better be good! ha ha...
Egg Yolks 3
Water 2 tbsp
Salad Oil 30g
Violet Flour 50g
Match Powder 4g
Whole Red Bean 50g
Egg White 3
1. Mix yolks, sugar will sugar dissolved. Add in water followed by oil.
2. Sift in flour, matcha powder and mix them all together till you get a thick yet runny batter. Add in red bean and mix well.
3.Beat the egg white till foamy, and add in sugar in 3 additions. Beat the egg white till soft peak.
4. Mix 1/3 of the egg white to the green batter and blend them well. Add in the rest of the egg white and fold in carefully.
5. Pour the batter to a 17cm chiffon cake tin and bake at 170'c for 30 minutes.
6. Invert the cake tin and let the cake cook in the tin. Cut the cake after it's completely cool.