Almond Jelly


                                       Some in a bowl............. I like it with evaporated milk at times.



                                                      Which one would you prefer?




                                              My little one said this is a jelly fish!




I love these almond jelly since I was little. Think it's a gal's dessert, most male friends don't really appreciate it's almond taste. The weather lately has been REALLY hot ( enjoyed the heavy pouring this morning). Eating this jelly really does keep me cool a little. While me and hubby enjoying it, my little precious didn't even wanna tiny bit to try. Well, BOY!

I have no particular recipe making this old fashion dessert. Using Kanten is always my best and first choice. Playing cheat buy just adding milk, sugar, pandan leaves ( will never cook this without pandan leaves), and almond essence bought from Chinese medical hall. How difficult can it be??

Comments

Your #1 Fan said…
The almond jelly looks good!
Jelly does make refreshing dessert/snack. Perfect for the hot weather.
Kitchen Corner said…
Lovely jelly made from a nice shape of bowl. That wobbly texture looks really tempting!
DG said…
Beautiful almond jelly with the lycee see thru from the transparant jelly.
Cosy Bake said…
Thanks guys! DG, it's actually Longan. But I believe lychee will make a great match too!
Jessica Ang said…
wow looks great.. where u bought the blue color bowl from ?
Cosy Bake said…
Jessica, I think the bowl was
given by a friend of mine. Not sure where did she get it.
So pretty! I just made some almond jelly for a gathering a few weeks back using soy milk with almond, it just didn't taste the same.
Cosy Bake said…
Blessed homemaker,

Oh, I think with soy milk should taste pretty good too!
hanushi said…
I like almond jelly too with longan!! But I do not know how to make it from scratch... Usually bought the almond jelly mix.
Cosy Bake said…
Hanushi,

I ever made this jelly from the scratch. I mean really from the scratch! But it's seriously a lot of work. So I rather do the lazy way, just add milk and use the essence...
cat said…
Hi can you kindly share the recipe.. i have all ingredient in my kitchen. but dun know the portion of the each. Plse share and thanks much!...have a nice day!
cat said…
Hi plse share the recipe...looks delicious. Thanks so much...
Cosy Bake said…
Hi Cat,

I don't have a proper guided recipe for this to be honest. I just follow the instructions on the agar agar pack then just add some milk and almond extract to the boiled agar agar. Sorry if I didn't come to be helpful. :(

Popular Posts