Baked Pene with Bolongnes Sauce




One of the dish I prepared to bring to our friend's BBQ party together with the coffee cream layered cake. Nothing could be more simple than doing this ONE DISH meal. Especially for the children. Even the adults liked it too. This is something my lil one would not say no. However, I used tomato sauce from the jar instead of cooking my own sauce like before. These days I hardly see any nice Roma tomatoes around. Even I can find it'd cost me a lot to cook such big portion of sauce to get this dish done. Something good about this dish is, I added different kinds of vegetables inside, for kids who don't like vegetables, they could hardly tell!
.
Ingredients:
Minced Beef 250g
Chopped Garlic 3 tbsp
Chopped Onion 1head
Chopped Button Mushrooms 10
Chopped Carrot 3/4cup
Mozzarella Cheese (for topping) 100g
Tomato Sauce 2 Cups
Boiled Pene 3/4 Packet
.
Method:
1. Cook garlic, onion and carrot in a pan with olive oil till onion turn soft. Add in mushrooms and cook for 1 minutes.
2. Stir in minced beef and cook. Pour in tomato sauce and let it simmer. May add in pepper to season it.
3. Place cooked pene in a baking dish. Pour over the bolongnes sauce and top with cheese. Bake it at 200'c for 20 minutes. Done.

Comments

Popular Posts