The Actual Day - June the 13th.






He's 3 today! Today is my boy's actual birthday. We had a small celebration at home with family members... I made him a Piano cake this time. Reason being I still have a number '3' birthday candle which I bought it from Japan 2 years ago!! Ha ha... I know it sounded pretty silly. But After today, there won't be any use of the candle if I don't make him another cake for today's celebration! Well, I guess it's just my silly excuses. I just wanna MAKE CAKE!
Yes, yes... I know the cake look so GIRL. Basically, I didn't have much choice. First, the candle has got no other colours beside pink. Two, the little pink daisy are the only candy flowers I have in my pantry. So!....


I made a green tea sponge strawberry short cake. Using Kit Kat as the black keys. The cake was gone in just few minutes! I didn't even have time to take a picture of the cut cake. So I could only take the one on my plate...Everyone liked the light and refreshing taste. And also the cream I used this time was the Horizon organic double whipping cream. The creamy taste is so smooth and milky. It's pretty close to the Japanese ones. However, it's not quite cheap though. But for my son's sake....

Comments

Christine said…
Happy Belated Birthday to your lovely boy!
Cosy Bake said…
Thanks so much Christine!
Kitchen Corner said…
That's very lovely and creative cake! I never think of the kit kat could use for the piano note :) Very creative! Nice one!
Cosy Bake said…
Thanks Kitchen Corner!

My son he's learning piano now. and the piano gave me the idea of making him one. The first thing came to my mind was kit kat every time I see the keyboard! haha... That's the story of my Piano cake.

Popular Posts