Chiffon with coffee flavor and tint of liquor. It's not something very coffee, though, I would say it's like an 'Adult' cake. ?? If anyone likes to drink Kahlua, he or she will know what I mean. This is be something pretty suitable to go with a cup of coffee or cappuccino during tea time or after dinner. But I didn't find it good for breakfast though.
For coffee cakes lovers, do try this out!
Egg Yolk 3
Veg Oil 40ml
Instant Coffee 2 1/2 tbsp
Hot Water 45ml
Egg White 4
1. Instant coffee mix with hot water to get the coffee liquid. Let it cool.
2. Whisk yolks and 1/3 of sugar till sugar dissolved, add in oil followed by the coffee liquid and Kahlua. Mix them well. before sift in flour. Mix everything till you get a thick batter.
3. Beat egg whites till foamy, and slowly add in the remaining sugar. Beat till soft peak.
4. Mix 1/3 egg white to the coffee batter, and blend them well. Fold in the remaining white to batter and mix them up gently.
5. Pour cake batter into 17cm chiffon tin and bake for 30 minutes at 180'c pre heat oven.
6. After the cake is baked, invert the cake tin to let the cake cool completely before served.