Baby Wholemeal Breakfast Roll
I find these cute little buns are so eye comforting. And in fact it has got very nice chewy texture and the nutty taste of wholemeal flour. The look of it just doesn't deliver the true story. It looks like one of those hard french bread roll, yet the inner texture is soft. The crispy and aromatic skin is the scoring parts. My son simply went for the skin and left me with the soft sponge. I don't mind at all!
Bread Flour 120g (I used150g )
Wholemeal Flour 80g (I used 50g)
Unsalted Butter 4g
Warm Water 130g
1. Mix all ingredients till you get a rough dough. Knead the dough till smooth and springy and cover with cloth.
2. Let the dough rise till double the volume .
3.When it has reach the size, push out the air and shape the dough in ball shape and let it rest for 20 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions, and roll them up in small balls and cover with wet cloth for 15 minutes
5. Roll each ball into round and make sure it's well shape. Put them on baking tray and have the last rise for about 30 minutes. Snip the dough using scissors and spray on some water before baking in pre heated oven for 20 minutes at 220'c .
6. Cool baked buns on wire rack.