Cherry Blossom Agar-agar
















It's full blossom of Sakura in Japanese since last week. The celebrations have started. How I wish I could be there to witness the bloom....
Bought some pickled Sakura from Tokyo, and just nice I could make some pretty and delicious cold dessert for our hot hot weather. I created my own Singapore and Japanese agar-agar adding Pandan leaves during the cooking process and I love that sweet aroma of Pandan. Making that floating sakura flowers in the agar-agar, I used grated strawberry and mixed with some milk to get that pink then add into a small portion of agar-agar liquid to let it set quickly then cut out the sakura shape using cookie cutter.
I made them into two layers, the bottom layer I filled with the clear agar-agar and the cut out sakura, and let it set, for the top I tinted the agar-agar with little red to make the pink followed by the pickled sakura. Refrigerate the agar-agar till all set. Done!

Comments

Kitchen Corner said…
Har.. very lovely color! Looks very the Japanese dessert!
Cosy Bake said…
Thanks Grace, think making Japanese dessert is never easy....
Very soothing colours :)
Cosy Bake said…
Thanks BH!Pink always make people feel cosy and loved.
Christine said…
Hi! I discovered your blog from my FEEDJIT LIVE TRAFFIC FEED, I've linked you to my blog. Happy Baking!
Cosy Bake said…
Hi Christine,

Thanks! Do drop by more often.

Popular Posts