Back to Basic - Square White Loaf






Been making buns lately and kind of miss the basic white bread. While I was shopping at Cold Storage, I suddenly craved for peanut butter! Though I know it's not quite healthy, but I though I have to have it!! So I just went ahead and bought the smallest bottle of Kippy. My mind started to think about white bread. There are so many white bread recipes that I really didn't know which one to go for. At last, I came to this one with the simple water roux method. Nothing to complicated yet yield extremely soft loaf. Best of all, the dough is one of the ' Friendliest' to handle. Just as I was thinking how should I shape the dough, I remembered, I just bought a href="http://cosybake.blogspot.com/2010/07/square-bread-tin.html">square bread tin lately.... If you are going for something healthier, just change the white bread flour to wholemeal flour while mixing the water roux, and there you get a beautiful wholemeal loaf.



.

Ingredients:

Water Roux: Bread Flour 20g mix with 20ml Hot Water. Set the water roux aside and let it cool.

Dough:

Bread Flour 200g
Sugar 10g
Salt 4g
Unsalted Butter 15g
Skimmed Milk (milk powder) 5g
Instant Yeast 3g
Warm Water 130ml
.


Method:

1. Mix both water roux and dough ingredients together and knead till the dough is smooth and springy.

2. Cover the well kneaded dough and let it rise for one hour or till it's 2.5 times bigger.

3. Press the air out from the dough and reshape it to a ball shape, and let it rest for 10 minutes.

4. Roll the dough flat and shape it like the English bread and put in the bread tin for the final rise. Let the dough have the last prove till 80% high of the bread tin, bake it in a pre heat oven at 200'c for 30 minutes.

Comments

Kitchen Corner said…
Your white bread looks really soft and fluffy! I've just baked one for tomorrow breakfast. Your bread tin looks very cute! It's totally square!
Cosy Bake said…
Kitchen corner,
Yes, it's really soft and fluffy. When you have time for another white bread, you may wanna try this one out. If you have more than 3 person in the family, you may wanna make 2 loaves. Hubby,my 3 year old son and I actually didn't have enough for just one loaf. :-)

I have seen some of our local bloggers have this square bread tin. Think they also got it from Japan...

Popular Posts