Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Gong Xi Fa Cai. Pineapple (Tart) In A Heart


            I would like to wish every one a Happy and healthy Chinese New year!! Gong Xi Gong Xi!!!!!!











A symbol of Chinese New Year got to be this Pineapple tart. It's an every one's loved goodies which I think a really good recipe is the key. I make this every year without fail ( I am sure others too) and every year I got very anxious to have a taste after they are baked. As if I have new recipe every year I do this. I used to bake them in open tart, but I find the pineapple filling always harden after it's baked. Plus it took much longer to bake each batch. As this year I didn't have enough time after my holidays, I thought to make the wrapped up tart should be a better option.

The heart shape tart gives the impression of Valentine's day according to a friend. And I do agree.... Well, may be I shall bake them again as Valentine's day gift?? Ha ha... What a lazy wife I am!!  

15 comments:

CaThY said...

Nice pineapple tarts. Happy new year to u & family ;)

Kitchen Corner said...

Pineapple tarts in heart shape look really nice! You've a joyful lunar new year!

Honey boy said...

Cathy, Kitchen COrner,

Wish you and family a Fruitful CHinese New Year!!

CaThY said...

Tks Honey boy! Same to you & your family. Have a happy & prosperous new year ahead *^_^*

hanushi said...

Lovely tarts... Happy cny to you n family, honey boy !!!

Jess @ Bakericious said...

the tarts look pretty! Wish you and your family a Happy Lunar New Year, Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Honey boy said...

Hanushi, Less,

Thanks! same to you and family! gong xi gong xhi!

Small Small Baker said...

Happy Rabbit Year to you! Gong Xi Fa Cai! :)

DG said...

Beautiful shape of pineapple tarts! Here's wishing you and your family a Happy & Prosperous Lunar New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy Chinese New Year to you and your family too.

BC

Jet said...

Ooo...love the shape. Good idea to bake them for Valentine again. Hahaha. Thanks for sharing and I wish you and your family Happy Chinese New Year!!! =D

Honey boy said...

Thanks Jet, and wish you and family great year ahead!

Olivia said...

just love these cookies.. really a good gifts for valentine day.. cheers

Honey boy said...

Thanks Olivia,

HOpe your partner will like it too. Cheers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails