Coffee Layered Cream Cake







Well, it's another cake from the same book!! Ha ha... I simply couldn't resist not to try them out. We had a BBQ session at one of hubby's colleague's. We had so much to eat and dessert is sure something we won't miss. This coffee layer cake is simply awesome! Everyone enjoyed every piece of it and received very good feed backs! You can name all the good things about a cream cake and this particular one carries all!! Soft, moist, aromatic, smooth.... And again it's that unique layering that I love most - Vertical layering!
However, I wish I could take better pictures for this lovely cake though. Or may be I should perfect my decorating skills before I get my good camera for better cake pictures!
.
Ingredient's:
Large Eggs 3
Sugar 90g
Instant Coffee ( I used decaf instant) 1 tbsp
Warm Water 1 tbsp
Violet Flour 70g
Dairy Whipping Cream 30ml
.
Cream Filling:
Dairy Whipping Cream 200ml
Sugar 15g
Instant Coffee 1tbsp
Warm Water 1 1/3 tbsp
.
Cream For Deco:
Dairy Whipping Cream 170ml
Sugar 10g
.
Method:
1. Mix warm water with instant coffee. Sift flour. Set them aside.
2.In a mixing bowl beat both eggs and sugar over hot water till the sugar dissolved.
3. Away from heat, and continue to beat till ribbon stage. Add in the coffee and give it a gentle mix, followed by flour and fold in carefully. Lastly, add in the cream and blend them well.
4.Pour the batter in a 40cm x 30cm Swiss roll tray lined with parchment. Bake in pre heated oven 200'c for 10 minutes.
5. After the cake is done, bring out and cool in the wire rack. After it's cooled. Cut the sponge into 5 equal long pieces.
6. Mix the warm water and instant coffee to make coffee paste. Pout into whipping cream and whip till soft peak. Spread on the cream to the sponge. Roll up like a coil with all the 5 pieces HERE.
7. Whip the cream and sugar, and decorate the cake as you like. Chill the cake before served.

Comments

Kitchen Corner said…
WOW! I like coffee flavor cake! Your cake looks soft and fluffy! I would like to try out something like this. May I know it's convenient to get the recipe from you? Thanks :)
Cosy Bake said…
Oh I"m so sorry Kitchen Corner!! I've totally forgot about posting the recipe! Ai yo yo, think I old liao. Keep telling myslef will post the recipe when I blog my next bake. ahha... blur sotong me.

OK ok... do it now!
Anonymous said…
Hi Cosy Bake,

I have been a silent follower of your blog. Great bakes! Could you share the title of this book? Tks!

BC
Cosy Bake said…
Hi Anonymoue,

The book is in Japanese. My computer is not able to type other language other than English. However, I can give you the ISBN thou.
Anonymous said…
ISBN would be great. Thanks! Love your bakes. Very inspirational. Appreciate your generousity in sharing knowledge about Japanese ingredients. Keep up the good work!

Best Regards
BC
Cosy Bake said…
The ISBN: 9784054043596.

Hope you will like the book!
Anonymous said…
Thank you so much for your prompt replies 8) Unfortunately, the book is currently out of stock. I like the green tea piano birthday cake you made for your son too. Looks extremely light and fluffy. Is the recipe from the same book as well?

The coffee roll cake that you made looks so delicious too. Btw, tried to find for the book using the ISBN you provided in your reply to another blogger, but couldn't find it. Could you have accidentally typed in the wrong ISBN?

Am so sorry to bother you. But your bakes are really so gorgeous that it got me all fired up wanting to try out.

Many thanks to your kind generousity.

BC
Cosy Bake said…
Hi Anonymous,

I hv checked the ISBN... Yes, I typed in the wrong ISBN by mistake... Thanks for cheking. I have already given the correct ISBN on that post.

The green tea sponge I simply added some matcha powder to my vanilla sponge. Not from any of the books...
Anonymous said…
Thank you 8)
Can't wait to see more of your beautiful creations.

BC

Popular Posts