Coffee Layered Cream Cake
Well, it's another cake from the same book!! Ha ha... I simply couldn't resist not to try them out. We had a BBQ session at one of hubby's colleague's. We had so much to eat and dessert is sure something we won't miss. This coffee layer cake is simply awesome! Everyone enjoyed every piece of it and received very good feed backs! You can name all the good things about a cream cake and this particular one carries all!! Soft, moist, aromatic, smooth.... And again it's that unique layering that I love most - Vertical layering!
However, I wish I could take better pictures for this lovely cake though. Or may be I should perfect my decorating skills before I get my good camera for better cake pictures!
Large Eggs 3
Instant Coffee ( I used decaf instant) 1 tbsp
Warm Water 1 tbsp
Violet Flour 70g
Dairy Whipping Cream 30ml
Dairy Whipping Cream 200ml
Instant Coffee 1tbsp
Warm Water 1 1/3 tbsp
Cream For Deco:
Dairy Whipping Cream 170ml
Chocolate Coffee Beans (Deco use)
1. Mix warm water with instant coffee. Sift flour. Set them aside.
2.In a mixing bowl beat both eggs and sugar over hot water till the sugar dissolved.
3. Away from heat, and continue to beat till ribbon stage. Add in the coffee and give it a gentle mix, followed by flour and fold in carefully. Lastly, add in the cream and blend them well.
4.Pour the batter in a 40cm x 30cm Swiss roll tray lined with parchment. Bake in pre heated oven 200'c for 10 minutes.
5. After the cake is done, bring out and cool in the wire rack. After it's cooled. Cut the sponge into 5 equal long pieces.
6. Mix the warm water and instant coffee to make coffee paste. Pout into whipping cream and whip till soft peak. Spread on the cream to the sponge. Roll up like a coil with all the 5 pieces HERE.
7. Whip the cream and sugar, and decorate the cake as you like. Chill the cake before served.