Baguette










A bread that I always find it the most challenging to make. But I am suppose, I have done whatever I could to achieve this result. The truly good ones are made by bakers who are trained for bread making for ages before they make the most delicious Baguettes. Same as making croissants. Not something we could make it from scratch by just one or two times attempts just following the recipe books. Baguette is a bread that made of the simplest ingredients you can find in your kitchen. Basically just flour, yeast, water and salt! And of course those in the recipes I have needed a small amount of malt candy. It suppose baguette that crispy skin. This time, I used the French bread flour called in the recipe, which I think it'd give the texture and aroma a little boost. Other than that it's just the normal steps of making a basic loaf.   

Comments

Happy Flour said…
Wow, this is what I like best for my breakfast with a cup of Kopi O. ;p Crispy on the crust and soft on the inside. Happy baking.
Cosy Bake said…
Thanks Happy Flour! I think there still room to improve!!
Christine said…
Hi, may I know where could I buy Malt sugar? Is it the same as Maltose? Tks.
Cosy Bake said…
Hi Chirs,

Are you Living in singapore ?
You can get it from phoon huat, ntuc and many other supermarket.

May be will post the pix of Malt syrup.
Christine said…
Tks very much for yr prompt advise. Yes, I'm in Singapore, will try Phoon Huat tmr. Many tks.
Cosy Bake said…
Chirs,
Good Luck and have fun!
I love baguettes and yours look yummy!!
Cosy Bake said…
Blessed Homemaker,
I wish the look could be better though .

Popular Posts