My boy said these are like baby's butts!! ( Pardon me)
I am not sure why it is named 'Haiji' , may be it's someone who created this white bun name "Haiji'?? Even my son's Japanese teacher doesn't know why it has this name though.
A super soft milk roll you will not just stop at one. I love the pale and powdery looking buns which I find it pretty eye catching. The first glance it looks like an unbaked bread roll....These are like cotton puffy pillow when holding it in your hands. We love them for making sandwiches. In just 2 weeks, I have made these the fifth time. I hope you will give it a try too!
Bread Four 250g
Instant Yeast 3g
1. Pre heat oven t 190'C. In a bowl, except butter, mix all the ingredients to get a rough dough. Add in butter and continue to knead till the dough is springy and smooth. This should takes about 10 minutes.
2. Let dough rise till double the volume. cover the dough and keep in warm place.
3. Portion into 7 equal size and roll up to form a ball. Let dough rest for 15 minutes.
4. Press each dough flat and re roll to form ball shape. Dust the dough with some flour, and use a rolling pin give an impression across each dough. Place them on baking tray and let them rise for 40 minutes.
5. Bring the oven temperature down to 140'C, bake dough in the oven for 15 minutes.