Everyday White Bread

Look at each slice of soft white bread...



My nice Pandan Kaya, spread on white bread.










Before I can make my own bread, I often get those commercial bread from the shelves. They are often dam and kind of rubbery. When you give it a squeeze, the bread become a dough again!
That's not the kind of bread I wanna let my family enjoy everyday.
This white bread is so smooth and soft, be it making an egg sandwich or just go with jam and butter. Best if you toast it and top with coconut jam! And don't forget a cup of coffee and soft boiled eggs. Yes, Kopitiam! Besides the white bread, I made my kaya (coconut jam) while the bread was baking in the oven. My son simply enjoy this perfect match this morning.
**
Recipe:
Bread flour 250g
yeast 3g
Salt 5g
Sugar 10g
Warm water 170g
Unsalted Butter 10g
.
Method:
1. Mix all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Pour in water and mix to form a dough. After couple minutes of mixing, add in butter and knead to get that smooth and springy dough.
2. Cover dough to let it rise till it's double in size.
3. Bring the dough out and cut it into 2 portions and form to ball shape. Give it a 15 minutes rest time. Cover dough with cloth during the 15 minutes rest.
4. Flatten the dough and roll out like the English Bread shaping methods.
5. Let dough rise in bread tin to double the size and bake it in pre heat oven at 200'c for 30 minutes.
6. Cool bread on wire rack.

Comments

Popular Posts