Raisin Bread






Christmas is the time where we get many bread and biscuits or even scones that made with dried fruits and nuts. So I thought I wanna follow this festive season and make something with Christmas feel. My son likes raisin bread, but he is not keen to eat the RAISIN! How strange... I have never been a nutty person , so I won't bother to add nuts in my bread neither.


Thought I won't repeat the same recipe as I have used for the Mix Dried Fruits Bread, which it was suppose to be a Raisin Bread recipe. So I've picked another Raisin Bread recipe to share with everyone. I used black sugar to get that brown and sweet smelling result. This is not that kind of soft and light airy bread. Yet, you'll still get the smooth touching sponge. It's great if you let it have the last proofing in the fridge and bake it the next morning, after it's come to room temperature. I won't suggest this bread to keep for more than a day , if you expect the bread to stay as soft as the some day after baking. So enjoy it while it's fresh!


**



Ingredients,

Bread Flour 250g
Instant yeast 3g
Sugar 30g
Salt 5g
Skim milk 10g
Unsalted Butter 20g
Warm Water 170ml

.

Method:


1. Except butter and raisin, mix everything to a rough dough, before adding the butter to get the smooth and springy dough.

2. When the dough is smooth and springy, fold in raisin , work this on your work top.


3. When the raisin is all well wrapped, shape the dough into ball. Let it Rise in worm place for one hour.


4. Bring dough out on work top, give it a soft knead and shape it again to ball and have a rest for 15-20 minutes.


5. Roll the dough flat and get the length of the bread tin. Roll the dough up like a Swiss roll and put in the bread tin. Let it have the last proofing for another one hour or the dough reach double the size. Bake in a pre-heat oven at 200'c for 30 minutes.


6. After baking, remove bread from tin and cool it on wire rack. You may brush the loaf with melted butter.



Comments

Popular Posts