Matcha Chiffon ( Disastrous Version)

The result of my Matcha Chiffon (without oil)


Few days ago, I bought a packet of Matcha powder from a baking shop at Seah street. Wondering would it give a good green to my cakes. And it did! But.....


My sister was keen to learn to bake Matcha chiffon, so we decided to make one. I used the new Matcha powder and during the mixing process, I could see that the Matcha green is going to be the green that I have been looking for. However, I made a mistake, I forgot about the salad oil!!! Anyhow, I still went ahead to bake the cake.
The texture of cause won't be as silky soft as the usual ones with oil added. But my mom still find it soft and she felt very healthy eating the cake. Ha ha... think my mom is being very kind to me AND my sister.
I will make another Matcha chiffon with oil. And shall post it soon. :)
**
Ingredients:
Egg yolk 3
Sugar 80g
Veg Oil 50g
Water 60g
Flour 80g
Matcha powder 10g
Egg White 4
.
Method:
1. Sieve both flour and matcha together twice. Leave them aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, in go yolks and sugar. Mix well and add in oil, give it a good mix, followed by water.
3. Add in sifted flours and stir well till they are very well mixed.
4. Beat egg whites till stiff and mix in 1/3 of white to green tea batter. After it's well blended, pour the batter to the remaining egg white and fold them with the biggest spatula you can find. Mix both batter till well mixed and pour into a 17cm chiffon cake tin. Give the tin a tap before going into the oven. Bake the cake in pre heat oven at 180 'c for 30 minutes.
5. After the cake is baked, invert the cake tin and let it cool completely before getting the cake out of the tin.

Comments

Allie said…
Your matcha chiffon looks lovely even without the oil! I'm sure it tasted good as well :).

Love your matcha red bean loaf too....looks super yummy!
Cosy Bake said…
Thanks! Really wish you can try some .... :) I must say the matcha red bean loaf is a must try. It's very nice indeed.

Hope to hear from you after you've tried out the mtacha loaf.

Merry Christams!

Popular Posts