Mix Dried Fruits Loaf







I wanted to bake a raisin bread last night. But realized that I only have mix dried fruits instead if raisin. So I replaced the raisins by using the mix fruits. I'm suppose it'd be nice if I throw in some nuts! Well, knowing my son and I are not quite a nutty person, so I dropped the idea.
Nothing too complicated compared to the rest of the bread I have made. A loaf that suits people who likes healthy dried fruits, this would be the bread to go for. In fact, we can add in anything we like!
**
Recipe:
Bread flour 250g
Yeast 5g
Sugar 20g
Salt 4.5g
Warm Water 165g
Unsalted butter 20g
mix fruits or raisins 75g
.
Method:
1. Put all dried ingredients in mixing bowl. Add in warm water and knead to get a rough dough. Knead in butter to get the smooth and springy dough.
2. Mix in dried fruits in 3 separations, using wrapping methods. Once all fruits are well mixed in, leave the dough in the bowl and cover to let it have the first rise. It'll takes about one hour to get to double the size.
3. Bring dough on to work top, and form into a big round ball shape, and cover with cloth to have a rest time of 25 minutes.
4. Roll the dough flat and into rectangular shape. Roll up from the edge to get a Swiss roll loaf. Put dough in bread tin to have the last rise. Rise till 2 times the size, bake loaf in pre heat oven at 200'c for 30 minutes.
5. While cool the bread on wire rack, brush on melted butter for the glossy look and buttery taste.

Comments

Popular Posts