Passion Fruit Chiffon
A new cook book on chiffon cakes I bought recently have this fruity recipe. I thought it's be nice to make something refreshing and I always like the taste passion fruit. In the book it calls for a 17cm chiffon tin for this 4 egg recipe, however, through my experience, this volume always meant for more than a 17cm, so I used my 20cm tin.
The cake gives a very pretty yellow tone and tangy smell of passion fruit. I dropped some seeds in the batter while adding the juice, I did not pick it up as I thought passion fruit cake should have a little bits of seeds in there to tell people that it's PASSION FRUIT! But, we didn't quite like the bites of the seeds while eating the cake though.
The cake smells really good with the passion fruit and at some point I find it tastes a little like Orange chiffon! The texture is nothing like the Matcha Marble chiffon, but it's definitely a true blue chiffon cake. Good texture as a chiffon, and really have that lovely fruity taste.
Ingredients: Use 20cm Chiffon tin
Egg Yolk 4
Corn oil 30ml
Passion Fruit puree 70g ( I use fresh passion fruit juice)
Violet flour / Top Flour 80g
Egg White 4
Castor sugar 50g
1. Mix yolks, sugar together till sugar is dissolved, add in oil followed by passion fruit. Whisk till well combine. Sift in flour and mix to get a smooth batter.
2. Beat egg whites till foamy then slowly add in sugar and beat till stiff peak.
3. Mix 1/3 of the egg white to yellow batter, and fold in the mixture to the rest of the egg white. Fold in carefully till all well blended.
4. Pour batter into chiffon tin and bake at 180'c for 30 minutes.
5. Invert baked cake on wire rack and let it cool completely before removing the cake from tin.
Thanks. you are right, the cake was gone in one afternoon!
In singapore I can get this fruit almost every supermarket. and They are from Malaysia. They smell sooo good every time I past by the section where they are placed. MMmm.... :)