Piggy In The Blanket



                                          Little piggies in a circle......







The front look of the piggies......                                                  ...and their backs! He he....




Remember one of the episodes of Nigella Lawson's cooking show, there was this corn bread wrap with little sausages and she called it 'Piggy in the blanket. I always have it in mind and been waiting to make something alike one day. The thought of having these little buns are so back to child like. I got the chicken cocktail sausages instead of the pork. Well, I don't really mind whether it's chicken or piggy! Used up the last bit of whole meal flour to make the bun. The bread was soft and was great with the 'Piggies'! Kids would love to have these cute little buns anytime. And my son had 3 (almost 4) for breakfast! I simply love the name - Piggy in the blanket.  :)


Ingredients:

Bread Flour  120g
Whole meal flour  30g
Instant dried yeast    2g
Warm water    98g
Sugar   12g
Salt    2g
Unsalted butter   12g
Cocktail sausages   8-10


Method:

1. Mix all ingredient except sausages to form a rough dough. Knead with hands till dough turn smooth and springy.

2. Let dough rest for 60 minutes or double the volume.

3. Divide dough into 24g portion each. Form a ball shape let them rest for 5 minutes. 

4. Roll each dough to long and slim and place mini sausage at the end and roll up like a Swiss roll. Seal the end and let them rest for 30 minutes. Brush dough with egg wash.

5. Bake in pre heated oven at 180'c for 10-13 minutes.

6. Cool buns on wire rack.

  

Comments

Betsy said…
Oh they are so cute! I had no idea pigs in a blanket were popular in Asia as well! I had never heard of pigs in a blanket until I moved to New York. Oh, I just noticed your Chawanmushi picture, I got to check it out. I love Chawanmushi!
nutpi said…
Oh they look so cute! I had no idea pigs in a blanket were popular in Asia as well. I only heard about pigs in a blanket when I moved to New York. Oh, I just noticed your Chawanmushi picture, I must check it out, I love Chawanmushi!

Happy New Year btw.
hanushi said…
The name "Piggy in the blanket" sounds so cute, and the way you say "...and their backs! He he...." really resembles piglet's tail... Haha...

Looks super yummy and make me want to grab some too and munch... :)
Cosy Bake said…
Hey Betsy,

Happy new Year to you and family! Oh, seems like 'piggy in the blanket' is from NY?! We didn't really have this named the same here. We just call it sausage bun.
Cosy Bake said…
hanushi,

Looking forward to your 'piggy' post ya! They are rally cute aren't they? He he...,
Your #1 Fan said…
Oh, the piggies are so cute! The bread looks really soft and fluffy too. Thanks for sharing!
dailydelicious said…
I love these breads, well, you make me want to make it too.
Cosy Bake said…
Jet,

I am sure you will like it too. VEry easy to make too!


Hi Pook,

Bet I will see your beautifully made 'Piggies' on your blog soon!! Cheers!
tracieMoo said…
Wahh,.. they look so cute :)
I'm sure they'll finish real quickly in bite sizes!!
Cosy Bake said…
Tracie,

Oh yes, they were gone very quickly! It's also a very good children party snack too!! :)

Popular Posts