Little piggies in a circle......
The front look of the piggies...... ...and their backs! He he....
Remember one of the episodes of Nigella Lawson's cooking show, there was this corn bread wrap with little sausages and she called it 'Piggy in the blanket. I always have it in mind and been waiting to make something alike one day. The thought of having these little buns are so back to child like. I got the chicken cocktail sausages instead of the pork. Well, I don't really mind whether it's chicken or piggy! Used up the last bit of whole meal flour to make the bun. The bread was soft and was great with the 'Piggies'! Kids would love to have these cute little buns anytime. And my son had 3 (almost 4) for breakfast! I simply love the name - Piggy in the blanket. :)
Bread Flour 120g
Whole meal flour 30g
Instant dried yeast 2g
Warm water 98g
Unsalted butter 12g
Cocktail sausages 8-10
1. Mix all ingredient except sausages to form a rough dough. Knead with hands till dough turn smooth and springy.
2. Let dough rest for 60 minutes or double the volume.
3. Divide dough into 24g portion each. Form a ball shape let them rest for 5 minutes.
4. Roll each dough to long and slim and place mini sausage at the end and roll up like a Swiss roll. Seal the end and let them rest for 30 minutes. Brush dough with egg wash.
5. Bake in pre heated oven at 180'c for 10-13 minutes.
6. Cool buns on wire rack.