桃花 Almond Cookies

T









One of the CNY must do cookies would be this almond cookies. The melts in the mouth texture simply so addictive, I couldn't help but to pop one after another. There are many different recipes out there and I am sure all of them are as good!


I missed the last Aspiring Bakers #2 Christmas cookies.... So I am going for the  Aspiring Bakers #3 My Favorite CNY Cookie (Jan 2011), which I thought I should join this time. The peach blossom look is my last minute idea. So if those who has got no piping gun to pipe out the blossoms, you may just roll them into ball shapes and brush with egg wash( which was the original recipe mentioned) to get that golden glossy finish.

This recipe was given by my aunt many years ago. Wonder is she making it this year....


Ingredients:

230g   Icing sugar
600g   Plain flour
2 tsp baking soda
3 tsp baking powder
160g  ground almond
400g  cooking oil

Method:
1. Mix everything in a stand mixer till everything well combined.

2. Use a cookie piping gun or roll them into small ball. Place them on baking tray lined with parchment. Brush with egg wash(if it is in ball shape), and bake in pre heated oven170'c for 10 minutes or the cookies gets little brown. Cool on a wire rack.

Comments

looks nice and i like the flower shaped with the bead in the middle. LOVELY! (:
CaThY said…
I love your little flowers, looks so sweet. Mus be very yummy too =)
Allie said…
These are really really lovely! You have such good taste!
Cosy Bake said…
Jas, Cathy, Allie,

thanks! It was a last minute order from a friend and it's a last minute idea I come out with this Peach blossom shape too!! ha ha....
WendyinKK said…
The pink dragees look so nice on the cookies
Happy Flour said…
With small touch on your cookies it really make it look special. :)
Cosy Bake said…
Wendy , Happy Flour,

I am very pleased with the look too! :)
DG said…
Lovely cookies!
Your #1 Fan said…
The cookies look beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Anonymous said…
Hi!
i really really like this alot! it's simply sweet! i would really like to attempt to make this. :)

can u share where u get the blossom shape cutter? and where did u get the pink little dot in the middle? thanks a million! :)

rachel
Cosy Bake said…
Hi Rachel,
I got the pink drags from phoon huat. And the shape of the cookies is piped out from my cookie piping gun. You can get the gun at phoon huat too. I have stated the temperature for the recipe sorry for missing out.... Cheers! Hapoe yiu will enjoy the cookies! Happy Chinese new year.

Popular Posts