Country Boule Rye Bread




Since the first loaf of Rye bread, I still have quite a lot of rye flour left in the jar, and I realize how much I actually like the taste and smell of rye. What more it's a healthy ingredient for bread. So as I flipping through the recipe books, this came to me and I gave it a try. This boule bread is nothing like the previous ones I have made. It's a more compact sponge which is what a country boule bread should have. The crust is wonderful. Nice crisp, and the aroma of the wheat is simply what I like about the boule. The recipe has a slightly different preparation to start the dough. It's pretty similar to the water roux method. It suppose to give a softer sponge after baking.
.
Ingredients:
Bread Flour 200g
Yeast 4g
Warm Water 120ml
Salt 3g
Sugar 10g
.
Water Roux:
Rye Flour 20g
Warm Water 20ml
.
Method:
1. For the water roux, mix both ingredients to paste form, and let it cool.
2. Mix all the ingredients together with the cool water roux to a rough dough, then use hands to knead it till smooth and springy.
3. Let the dough prove till town and a half time bigger.
4. Bring dough out and release the air. Form the dough to a ball shape. Let the dough rest for 20 minutes with a wet cloth cover the dough.
5. Flatten the dough and reshape it to a ball shape, then keep in a warm place and let it have the last proving. It'll will takes about one hour and thirty minutes to reach double the volume.
6. After the last prove, slit the dough with sharp blade to give the dough a rustic look and room to rise further while bakes in the oven. Spray the dough with water just before going into the oven. Bake the dough in pre-heat oven for 20 minutes at 200'c.

Comments

Kitchen Corner said…
Healthy bread! It reminds me the one I had in Germany. I must go back to the healthy diet now! Thanks for your inspiration!
Cosy Bake said…
Kitchen COrner,

Yes, it's good to be healthy as far as we should. My son loved it with that crispy crust. Saw you have a few rye bread recipes too!
Happy Flour said…
Happy Mother's Day :)

Popular Posts