Chocolate Swirl Loaf
A loaf I made after a daunting week..... Things are over, and I'm feeling all good now!! My baking fairies are back and here I made this chocolate swirl bread, shall share with everyone.
I recently realised this particular book has got very good and soft bread recipes since the water roux method I tried couple of weeks ago. Though the steps are more than the usual ones. But I think it's worth the effort for a soft and fine texture loaf.
I used nutella instead of cocoa paste. No special reason, just simply too lazy to mix the cocoa paste called in the recipe. Something about this loaf, it has a very tasty crust compared to other usual bread loaf. I specially liked it with fermented butter or salted butter. You get that crispy and tasty crust, at the same time the soft and fine sponge inside. I am sure it can be made a very soft and tasty plain loaf without the chocolate swirl.
Bread Flour 250g
Milk Powder 5g
Unsalted Butter 8g
Cocoa Powder 10g + Water 25ml = Mix to form cocoa paste
1.Except butter and cocoa paste, mix all ingredients to form a rough dough.
2. Add butter to dough and knead till you get a soft and smooth dough.
3. Portion 1/3 of the dough to mix with cocoa paste to get a cocoa dough. Put each dough in different bowl and cover with cling film to let them have the first rise in a warm place for 60 minutes.
4. Punch out the air form both dough, and simply fold them into ball shape and let it have a second rise for 40 minutes this time. The dough shall rise up to double the volume.
5. After the second rise, punch out the are again and give the dough a rest for about 15 minutes.
6. When the dough are well rested for 15 minutes, roll the dough flat and stack the chocolate dough on the plain dough. Use the rolling pin give the dough another press then roll the dough up like a Swiss roll and seal the end. Put the shaped dough into 600g bread tin for the last proving, till the dough reach the 90% high of the tin.
7. Bake the dough in pre heat oven at 200' c for 30 minutes. Cool the bread without tin on wire rack.