Went to NTUC Finest couple of days ago. Saw there are many nice and fresh berries on the shelves. So I though I'd make something Berry! After we got home, settle with our lunch..... I started to flip through my recipe books. Slowly the idea of muffins came to me. So I picked this!
Berries are very healthy compared to things like chocolate, coconut, peanut butter and nuts. Of course, I know there are many people out there prefer chocolate, nuts.... Whatever it is, I gave it a try. The result of the muffins were really good. Light and fluffy muffins I got. Unlike the usual ones I often encounter. They are dense, heavy and oily!! Worse of all, they are heavily added with baking powder and soda! Each time after I ate one, my mouth would have that after taste and felt really YUCK! So I though it'd be good if I can bake my own muffin that has got nothing or less of those sort that added to my food.
Besides using berries, we can always change to other flavor. In this recipe it has a little touch of cinnamon powder in it. I guess it's a really great match for the berries. The cinnamon simply add on some sweet smell and taste to the muffins. My next one should be banana muffin I guess!
Cake Flour 100g
Baking Powder 1tsp
Cinnamon Powder 1/2 tsp
Castor Sugar 70g
Unsalted Butter 60g ( melted)
Milk 1.5 Tbsp
Berries 100g ( I used blackberry, blueberry and raspberry)
1. With a hand whisk, beat egg and sugar till pale and sugar dissolved.
2. Add in melted butter to and mix well. Followed by milk.
3. Sieve in flour , baking powder and cinnamon flour to the batter and give it a quick mix. Do not over mix the batter. It's OK to have lumps. add in berries to the batter and mix.
4. Scoop batter into 6 muffin tray/ cups. Bake it at 180'c for 25 minutes.
5. Cool the muffins on wire rack after baking.