Wholemeal Butter Rolls
One of the most convenient and comforting bread for my family would be this flavorful butter roll. My lil one told me he likes the bites of the wholemeal bits in his bread the other day while he was eating the wholemeal loaf. Hence the idea came to me last night while I was making these cute butter rolls. I'm sure this is nothing new in the bakeries. But it's definitely new in my cosy kitchen. :-) I added just 20g of the coarse wholemeal flour to the recipe and I very happy with the result! Of course, there won't be the same soft and cottony butter roll if anyone prefer the white flour version. But this is absolutely a good choice if you are thinking about eating healthy!
Wholemeal Flour 20g
Bread Flour 130g
Instant yeast 2g
Warm Water 75g
1. Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl, and knead till you get a rough and sticky dough.
2. Bring dough out on working top, and hand knead the dough till smooth and springy.
3. Cover dough and leave it to rise in a warm place till it gets to double the volume.
4. Bring dough out to work top, and give it a gentle knead and portion it into 6 equal sizes. (about 47g each).
5. Cover the portions with cloth and let it rest for 5 minutes. Roll out each dough and shape them into butter rolls. Let it have the last rise till it's double the volume.
6 Brush the dough with egg wash and bake them at pre hated oven, 200'c for 13-15 minutes.
7. Cool the baked rolls on wire rack.
YOu can make this into normal white buns. It's very soft and smooth!