Peach Cream Cheese Bun




I always like the look of the Japanese custard bun. But, I never really fancy custard. I have tried making the custard bun look with Kaya, red bean and roti boy. But I find it rather difficult to wrap in those fillings. So I kind of gave up the idea, until early this week, a friend of mine bought me a cranberry cream cheese bun, that was so delicious that made me have the idea of making the similar cream cheese filling and make it into the custard bun look!




So, I did it this morning. I simply beat in cream cheese, sugar, lime juice and double cream to get a creamy texture, then add in some cubed peaches. Well, the taste is good. and I also tried out a new recipe for the bun. It's another type of water roux method, so the buns are softer and lighter. However, my shaping of the bun is not quite there. Guess practise makes perfect! I will definitely make it again.
.
Water Roux:
Bread Flour 175g
Sugar 13g
Yeast 4g
Water 63ml
.
Sponge Dough:
Bread Flour 25g
Cake Flour 50g
Sugar 63g
Salt 3g
Butter 38g
Water 45ml
.
Method:
1. Mix all ingredients of water roux to a sticky dough. leave the dough in a bowl and wrap with cling film, let the dough rise for 90 minutes.
2. When the water roux rise up to double the volume, mix in all the ingredients of sponge dough (except butter). Knead the dough till smooth and add in butter and continue to knead till the dough is smooth. You will have a very sticky dough for this water roux method. So have to keep kneading till the dough is smooth and springy.
3. Let the dough rise in a warm place, till its double the volume. Divide the dough to 45g each and roll them into ball shape. Let the dough rest for about 15 minutes. After the resting, wrap in the cream cheese filling and shape them to the cream bun look. Let the dough have the final rise in a warm place, till 1 and half size bigger. Brush with egg wash, and bake in pre heat oven for 12 minute at 200'c.
4. Cool the baked buns on wire rack.

Comments

Popular Posts