Paris & London III








Piere Hermé



Piere Hermé's Chocolate, Olive with Vanilla cream, Passion fruit with chocolate cream and Jasmine macaroons. 



This is it, the famous Patesserie Piere Hermé. It's not allowed to take any picture inside the shop, so I only managed to take from the outside. This is not a big shop compared to the one at Madeleine. I almost missed the shop while I was looking for it. I walked ups and downs the street three times and couldn't see it until the a shop we visited told me it's just 3 doors away from them!!! Was I blind or what?! This outlet is at the metro station named St. Germain des-prés. At the same time I was looking for this boulangeri called Poilane, which is nearer to Mabillion St. Sulpice. They are actually among the same area , but the streets there were so many and I had no idea where I was suppose to go. However, I didn't find this bakery that good (may be I am not French who can appreciate). I tried their Chausson a pommes, and it was quite a disappointment. But I find their little butter cookies Punitions were great! It comes in the shapes of spoons and forks. I think all kids and adults would love it.





 

Notre Dame Church










A big bonus on visiting Notre Dame was this bakers challenge. Never did imagine I would get to experience this amazing challenge! Using bread to build sculptures, bread tasting..... all the top bakers in France were there for the challenge. I love the smell of wheat baking in the ovens and taste the wonderful french bread. I fell in love with this particular apple bread. My boy kept going back to ask for more!!!






I love this cute little sign board!

PAUL


A popular steak house in Paris. They serve their steak in a special sauce and they only have one menu throughout the year. Steak with fries.


                  Medium rare........ The waitresses in the restaurant were very friendly. And we were lucky to get in without having to Que, despite it was full house (every day). And the waitress told us, that was consider '' No customer'' we were like '' ??'' .



For those are are interested to try this out..... Take the metro to St. Germain des-prés , get out of the station you will see the church on your right, and turn to your right,continue walking for less than a 1 minute, and come to a small junction, then turn left and walk straight down the lane. Or simply as the people around they would probably know where to direct you. Good luck!


OK, may be we shall take a break from food..... repetto a shop where they have beautiful and dainty ballet pumps. I was once a little girl who was passionate about ballet. This passion stays with me though I am no longer a ballerina. I still love any thing with ballet and always love to wear any flats that is in ballet design. They sell very good quality pumps and the most comfy ones I ever came across. I know this brand is selling in Singapore, but ti's way too expensive to buy them here. The shop is sooo pretty that I spent quite some time in there. It just brought me back to those years...  :)






It's crepes time, and also his lunch time!! Nutella Crepé will never go wrong.





Our last day in Paris before heading to London, we had out breakfast at the same Patisserie.....


 


 
These may not be the branded pastries in Paris, but they taste absolutely fantastic. Given another chance I will bother to go back to this place and have their gorgeous Chausson a pommes and Millefeuille again.




More LA Duree and Paul at Oly airport



Bought some macaroons from Oly airport : Salted Caramel, Raspberry, Rose with vanilla cream, Coffee, Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry and Green Apple.
 
After trying few of the reputable brands, I still find that La Duree has the best macaroons!



As usual, I would 'Ta Bao'  ( Take away) scones from London Marks & Spencer back to Singapore whenever possible. Simply because I could never make the same scones myself at home.

  
Happy Ending!!



Comments

Ah! You make me miss Paris and London. I love the bread in Paris.

Any lovely food in London? All I ever remember are Kebabs and Brighton's Fish and Chips. Sigh.

If you ever are near Imperial College, there's a MidEast Restaurant, Pasha, at Gloucester Rd near a Singaporean supermart. It's very popular with the staff of Imperial. I highly recommend it :-)
Cosy Bake said…
Hi Experimental cook,

I have blog on London where to eat two posts before this. You may check it out!
Anonymous said…
I love all the pictures that you have posted and it really make me wish to go back to Paris again as the last trip I went was 25 years ago. I did not enjoy myself as firstly, it was so cold in February and secondly, I was on a shoestring budget. If I go again, I want to visit all the beautiful shops and eat all the delicious cakes, pastries and food that you have posted. I really enjoy reading your post. Theresa
Cosy Bake said…
Theresa,
Thanks so much for liking my blog. Do drop by more often and we shall chat more! :)
Yes, febuarary is definitely a bad time to be in Europe. For one our cargo bag would be full of winter wears, and can't do much shopping. Not to mention the prickly cold weather. I wish you will get to visit all the places I shared in my blog! Good luck.

Popular Posts