Nutty Moist Banana Cake















A new recipe from my latest addition of recipe book. I love soft and light cakes and even for banana cake I would source for the recipe that gives the soft and light texture. So I found my second love from my new book. However, I still love the old recipe as much.

There are sooo many different recipes for banana cake, which I have tried out but.... I am not a nutty person neither do my family. Till recently my son started to like eating raw mixed nuts and dried fruit that comes in a packet. I stolen some of the mixed nuts from the packet and added into this banana cake which called for walnuts. What really makes me pick this recipe is all because the picture on the recipe book! I could see the cake is moist and soft although some time the pictures in some books could be deceiving, but this one proved it right! The cake is soft, moist and not oily at all.  And I never knew that eating banana cake with the mixed nuts is such a wonderful joy. I am glad I gave this a try.


Ingredients:

Unsalted butter   60g
Caster sugar   100g ( I used 80g)
Egg   1
Cake flour  120g
Baking soda   1/2 tsp
Baking powder  1/4 tsp
Pinch of salt
Plain yogurt  80g ( I used sour cream)
Ripe banana  100g (mashed)
Walnut   30g ( I used mixed nuts)

Method:

1. In a bowl, cream butter will hand whisk then add in sugar, and mix well till it's pale and creamy.

2. Add in egg and mix well. Followed by baking soda, baking powder , salt and beat well.

3. Add in mashed bananas mix well.

4. Sift in 1/3 of the flour and quickly mix well.

5. add in yogurt, mix well, then sift the remaining flour and mix well.

6. Add in nuts and give it a quick mix, then pit batter into a baking tin 18x9x8cm(H) bake at pre heated oven at 180'c for 50 minutes.

7. After it's baked, cool the cake on wire rack.

Comments

A perfect banana cake, and best to have in a lazy afternoon tea..
j3ss kitch3n said…
looks really moist and soft! delicious!
0620 said…
Wow....
Your cake looks so moist and tasty
Great to read your blog ^^
I wanna try the Haiji White Bun :)
hanushi said…
It looks like pumpkin seeds from far... The mixed nuts give this cake the extra plus point... I must bookmark this. :)
So long I have not make any banana cake and yours sure look great with that mosit and fluffy texture.
Cosy Bake said…
Sonia, you are right indeed, this makes a perfect tea!

Jess, this is definitely moist and soft!


0620,
Welcome to my blog, please do visit me more ya! Yes, you should try the haiji bread, you will love it!
Cosy Bake said…
Hanushi, you are right, there are some pumpkin seeds, and other seeds in the mixed nuts packet. This cake will not disappoint you.


Cuisine paradise, thanks !
Your #1 Fan said…
The cake look so good! I too prefer lighter cake. Definitely keeping this recipe for future. Thanks for sharing! =D
it look so soft and moist! (: im sure it taste yummy!
Anonymous said…
Muz we grease the baking tin?

Joey
Cosy Bake said…
Joey,

I don't grease baking tin, as I use parchment paper to line the tin.
But I know most people would greae and line thier tins...

Popular Posts