A new recipe from my latest addition of recipe book. I love soft and light cakes and even for banana cake I would source for the recipe that gives the soft and light texture. So I found my second love from my new book. However, I still love the old recipe as much.
There are sooo many different recipes for banana cake, which I have tried out but.... I am not a nutty person neither do my family. Till recently my son started to like eating raw mixed nuts and dried fruit that comes in a packet. I stolen some of the mixed nuts from the packet and added into this banana cake which called for walnuts. What really makes me pick this recipe is all because the picture on the recipe book! I could see the cake is moist and soft although some time the pictures in some books could be deceiving, but this one proved it right! The cake is soft, moist and not oily at all. And I never knew that eating banana cake with the mixed nuts is such a wonderful joy. I am glad I gave this a try.
Unsalted butter 60g
Caster sugar 100g ( I used 80g)
Cake flour 120g
Baking soda 1/2 tsp
Baking powder 1/4 tsp
Pinch of salt
Plain yogurt 80g ( I used sour cream)
Ripe banana 100g (mashed)
Walnut 30g ( I used mixed nuts)
1. In a bowl, cream butter will hand whisk then add in sugar, and mix well till it's pale and creamy.
2. Add in egg and mix well. Followed by baking soda, baking powder , salt and beat well.
3. Add in mashed bananas mix well.
4. Sift in 1/3 of the flour and quickly mix well.
5. add in yogurt, mix well, then sift the remaining flour and mix well.
6. Add in nuts and give it a quick mix, then pit batter into a baking tin 18x9x8cm(H) bake at pre heated oven at 180'c for 50 minutes.
7. After it's baked, cool the cake on wire rack.