Matcha Red Bean Layer Cream Cake

 
 The messy looking of the red bean sandwich in between the layers plays an important roll in the whole cake. Without the red bean, it'd not be the same. So please bear with the not so pretty looking layers.... It's the taste of the cake that will win your heart.







I wish I could share a slice with my readers so that you would know how soft and light the cake is.




Yes, it's Japanese layer cake time AGAIN!! Was craving for this, so I made it for our tea. If you were to be my reader long enough, you would probably realize that most of my cakes are very much of the sponge base and could hardly see mousse cake, heavy baked cheese, creme brulee... That is because my family only into sponge cakes. Even butter cake, I would have to make as like as possible to my hubby's liking.

Green tea + red bean = perfect match. Top with smooth and milky Organic heavy whipping cream = Heaven! The cake texture is so good that hubby and son had 3 slices each at one go, so = 6 slices! Wow, since when my cake has became some form of equation??  Love it as it doesn't have any rising agent in it, and that is something so satisfying to see my cake turned out to be so wonderful just by my own afford (beating the eggs and sugar). It needs say no more........

I have some readers are interested to know how to make this cake....
The recipe is from my previous Japanese Strawberry Short Cake. I added 1/2 tsp of green tea powder to the sponge recipe. Happy baking!!

Comments

j3ss kitch3n said…
lovely frosting and texture!
Jasmine said…
OMG~looks delicious~~~~~~~~drooling~ Can u share the recipe? plsplspls.....^_^
lena said…
i was looking at sonia's green tea and red bean chiffon cake and i thought you made that too. The sponge looks really soft and it's so tempting looking at the slice. messy? you must be joking!
Anonymous said…
Hi,

May you share the recipe?

Thanks & regards,
Michelle
Jean said…
wow looks lovely! and i like how the sponge cake slices are standing upright instead of lying down hehe. And yes we are all agreeable on the equation Green Tea + Red Bean = perfect match :)
Cosy Bake said…
Michell, Jasmine,

I used the same sponge recipe from Japanese Strawberry short cake, and just add in 1/2 tsp of green tea powder to turn the sponge into green tea cake. then I baked it using swiss roll tray instead of the usual round tin. From there, I deco the cake sandwich with red bean and double cream. Just click on the old recipe of japanese short cake to get the recipe. Happy baking!
Cosy Bake said…
Jess, Jean,

thanks! wish could share some with you gals!
Cosy Bake said…
lena,

I checkout Sonia's green tea red bean matcha chiffon too. Looks so so yum yum ya! Think I shall try that out too since I still have reb bean left from this cake.
hanushi said…
The layers are sliced vertically (interesting) and nicely frosted. It is definitely not messy!!!
is so lovely and those layers are so unique! (: (:
DG said…
This is what you called messy! You wrong ... it is pretty cake!
Cosy Bake said…
Jasmine, DG,

Thanks ! :)
Anonymous said…
honey boy,

When we talk about sugar, what type of sugar shld we use?castor or rough..?

also, in making cakes, whats the difference between the word "beat" and "whisk"..there are many types of whisk attachments to be used in the beater?which one shld we use ?

Joey
Cosy Bake said…
Joey,

When comes to cake baking, we all use castor sugar.

When I say beat in this cake, I used my hand with my hand whisk, to BEAT the eggs and sugar till ribbon stage. By right, if the word 'BEat' mentioned in a recipe is usually a stand mixer attached with the beater attachment, or with a wooden spoon, you 'beat'butter and sugar....
Anonymous said…
Ok, beat means use wooden n whisk means machine?

Thanks

Joey
Cosy Bake said…
Joey,
Generally Whisk is when we use the ballon whisk attachment. Or even when you use your manual hand whisk. Haha... This seems to be like and English lesson!
Anonymous said…
Ok, think I wd use spoon n whisk for bear n whisking instructions .. There are always these two words used in recipes and I still can't get d hang of it:(

When you talk about proofing, do u need to cover with damp cloth?

Joey
Cosy Bake said…
I usually invert the mixing bowl to cower the dough for proofing. You may just follow the proper way using damp cloth...

Popular Posts