English Muffin





If you know what I mean.................


























Personally I don't think these look very much like a traditional English muffin, besides the corn meal coated layer. The crumb is actually a white bread recipe and transformed to a roll with corn meal coated outside. I guess I would call it a Cheating English muffin! But I must say I love it! It's another extremely soft bread roll from a simple white bread recipe. The master's 狄山和也  recipe is one of the simplest to do , and the best result you can achieve. Now I can forget about going through some small steps to make water doux to achieve that super soft bread crumb. His is just right for a perfect soft bread!


Ingredients:

Bread Flour   150g
Salt   2g
Sugar    8g
Unsalted Butter   8g
Instant Dried Yeast   3g
Warm Water  105ml
Corn Meal for coating

Method:

1. Simply mix everything up using a stand mixer or by hands. Knead for good 15 minutes till you get a smooth and springy dough. Cover dough and let it rise in a warm place.

2. When dough rise up to double in size, bring dough to work top and give the dough a light kneading, then portion to 5 equal portions. Roll up to a ball, and cover it and rest for 10 minutes.

3. Flatten the dough and re roll them to a ball shape, and give the top and bottom a press to create the English muffin look. Use a dam cloth give the surface a little moisture then coat the dough with corn meal. place them on a baking tray line with parchment. Let dough rise for 30 minutes in warm place, then bake in pre heated oven 180'c for 6 minutes.

Comments

Jean said…
oo i can imagine many things in between them haha. Looks really rustic and delicious :)
Alice said…
thks for the recipe - this is my fave! :)

ive an award for u:
http://iloveicookibake.blogspot.com/2011/04/soft-delicious-buns-another-award.html
do check out when u're free ya
thks :)
Edith said…
I have been thinking about Madeleine too. Missed eating them. Though the English Muffin didn't turn out like the authentic, at least it is still soft. That is most impt. edible.
j3ss kitch3n said…
i love english muffins to the max! yours look so beautifully baked!
Cosy Bake said…
Jean, Alice, Jess, Edith,

This muffin should be called Japanese muffin ' instead. As it's totally different texture compared to the real English muffin. I shall search for a proper English muffin recipe and try it out too see how much different it'd be.
that look really lovely (: (:
hanushi said…
This looks so soft... tho again, I have never tried Japanese muffin/English muffin before... I am more than happy with yours. :)
Cosy Bake said…
hanushi,

Neither did I tried anything that is called 'Japanese Muffin'!! hahha, just my silly name given to this English muffin, since it's not so English Muffin!! he he....

BUt I really think you should give this a try if you like soft bread/buns. This recipe is truely fantastic!

Popular Posts