Wholemeal Loaf ( Natural Leavening)





                                          A jar that has some magic living in there......


       With a little twist from the original recipe, I am thrilled to get a loaf of soft and smooth wholemeal bread.





                             The milky paste in the jar does look 'Nothing Much'. But it is full of 'Live' !



I hope reader here are not getting sick of my post since my very first post about natural leavening loaf. As well as wholemeal loaves!! I realized using natural leavening for bread loaf, there isn't much fancy and interesting recipe. Well, at least in my collections. However, I still very fond of making bread using this magical ingredient. The taste of the loaf simply so NATURAL. May be the crust of the loaf may not be soft enough ( but my son loves it) but the crumb is nothing less than one that is made of the normal commercial dried yeast. Turn the slices into toast that was heaven!! It would not turn soggy as soon as it turns cool. That is another reason why I find it worth the effort to make the loaf.


Original Recipe for a white loaf:
( Take away 30g of bread flour , add in 30g of wholemeal flour to make wholemeal loaf)


Ingredients:
Bread Flour    300g
Salt      5g
Sugar    10g
Warm water       160ml
Natural leavening    27g

Method:

1. Simply mix all ingredients together and knead to get a smooth and springy dough.

2. Let the dough prove for 3 to 4 hours, till it gets to double the volume.

3. Punch out the air and give the dough a gentle knead. Form to a ball shape and cover with cloth . Let dough rest for 15 minutes.

4. After resting, roll the dough flat and shape it like a Swiss roll and seal the edge. Put in a 600g loaf tin and rise till 2 1/2 size bigger. Bake in Pre heated oven at 190'c for 50 minutes.

5. When bread if cooked. Cool it on the wire rack.

Comments

Your #1 Fan said…
Honey boy, I don't think we will ever get bored with your posts (no matter what it is). Your bread making skill is just superb. All of them turned out so well! I say keep 'em coming!
Cosy Bake said…
Thanks Jet! At least I know you are one that never get bored.... :)

Hope my up coming post will give you more joy!
DG said…
I can see you very good in making bread. Most of your breads look soft & fluffy, and have very nice shape.
Cosy Bake said…
Thanks DG,

I guess the love for eating bread makes me want to make my loaves look good??
hanushi said…
Another nice and pretty loaf!! :)

Natural leavening, you have taught me another interesting ingredient... :)
j3ss kitch3n said…
delicious fluffy wholemeal bread! i could never resist bread!! my all time breakfast!
Cosy Bake said…
hanushi,

if you are keen to try it out, you can purchase it online from cuoca, or may be I might make my homemade natural yeast from scratch one day.... haha... i don't when will tha''one day' be at the moment. But i am always very very keen to try making it myself.



Jess,

yes, wholemeal loaf is always welcomed by my family too!

Popular Posts