Saturday, November 27, 2010
Too early for Xmas? - Cranberry and Raisin Loaves
In the mood of Christmas..... First thing came to me was Cranberry and raisin, and remembered that I have a great raisin loaf recipe from a friend's Japanese bread book. The full recipe needs 400g flour, and I went with it knowing it will definitely be gone in less than two days. Instead of making two loaves of raisin's, I did one with cranberry. This recipe I give it a big thumbs up!
Bread Flour 400g
Black Sugar 40g
Unsalted Butter 20g
Warm Water 250ml
1. Except raisin, mix all ingredients with a stand mixer/ by hands till all come together, continue to knead to get a smooth and springy dough. Wrap in raisin and knead them all well together.
2. Form a ball shape and cover the dough. Let it raise till double the volume is a warm place.
3. Release the air from the well risen dough, and form them into a ball shape, and cover the doughs again to give 10 minutes rest.
4. Roll the dough flat and roll them up like a Swiss roll shape. Put dough in the bread tins and bake in a pre heated oven at 200'c for 30 minutes.
5. Cool the bread on wire rack after baking. Brush the loaves with milted butter to keep the crumb soft and a glossy look.