Too early for Xmas? - Cranberry and Raisin Loaves






                                                                        Raisin loaf



                                                                     Cranberry loaf




In the mood of Christmas..... First thing came to me was Cranberry and raisin, and remembered that I have a great raisin loaf recipe from a friend's Japanese bread book. The full recipe needs 400g flour, and I went with it knowing it will definitely be gone in less than two days. Instead of making two loaves of raisin's, I did one with cranberry. This recipe I give it a big thumbs up!


Ingredients:

Bread Flour   400g
Yeast     5g
Salt     5g
Black Sugar   40g
Unsalted Butter   20g
Warm Water  250ml
Raisin    120g


Method:

1. Except raisin, mix all ingredients with a stand mixer/ by hands till all come together, continue to knead to get a smooth and springy dough. Wrap in raisin and knead them all well together.

2. Form a ball shape and cover the dough. Let it raise till double the volume is a warm place.

3. Release the air from the well risen dough, and form them into a ball shape, and cover the doughs again to give 10 minutes rest.

4. Roll the dough flat and roll them up like a Swiss roll shape. Put dough in the bread tins and bake in a pre heated oven at 200'c for 30 minutes.

5. Cool the bread on wire rack after baking. Brush the loaves with milted butter to keep the crumb soft and a glossy look.

Comments

hanushi said…
You are making me hungry again... Nice and very festive mood. Loves your bread always... :)
Cosy Bake said…
Thanks Hanushi. May be one day you could try make a loft for your family!
I've not started on my Christmas shopping and baking, not even sure if I have time to bake my kids' favourite gingerbread man cookies. Argh!!

Your bread looks good!
Cosy Bake said…
Thanks Blesses Homemaker! I am sure they will like the bread....
lena said…
this loaf looks really beautiful and i love the glossy look. by te way, what is black sugar?
Cosy Bake said…
hi lena,
black sugar is something like damanrara sugar.

Popular Posts