Coconut and mango go together give me a Hawaiian feel.... Been wanting to make this chiffon cake for a long time, and now I have a good reason to make it happen. Because I wanna join Aspiring Bakers#1:
Chiffon Cakes organized by Small Small Baker.
One of the recipes I got it from the book by 福田涥子. All the recipes she has in there give beautiful results. No wonder so many home bakers love her works. This cake has very mild coconut flavour and the dried mango bits give the biting texture to this soft and fluffy cake.What a multi texture and taste chiffon cake!
Veg Oil 50ml
Desiccated Coconut 4Tbsp
Cake Flour 80g
Egg White 4
Dried Mango 60g
Small amount of flour to coat the mango.
1. Coat the mango bits with flour.
2. Whisk egg yolks,1/3 of sugar together, add in oil and followed by water.
3. Add in coconut, then sift in the flour, and mix well.
4. Beat the eggs white till foamy then slowly add in the remaining sugar. Beat till stiff.
5. Add 1/3 portion of egg white to the flour batter, and blend them well. Add in the rest of the egg white, and fold in gently till well blended. Lastly add in the mango bits to the batter.
6 Pour the cake batter to a 17cm chiffon cake tin, and bake it for 30 minutes at 180'c.
7. When it's cooked, invert the cake and let it cool completely.