Mango Coconut Chiffon







 
Coconut and mango go together give me a Hawaiian feel.... Been wanting to make this chiffon cake for a long time, and now I have a good reason to make it happen. Because I wanna join Aspiring Bakers#1:
Chiffon Cakes organized by Small Small Baker.


One of the recipes I got it from the book by 福田涥子. All the recipes she has in there give beautiful results. No wonder so many home bakers love her works. This cake has very mild coconut flavour and the dried mango bits give the biting texture to this soft and fluffy cake.What a multi texture and taste chiffon cake!



Ingredients:

Yolk    3
Sugar   70g
Veg Oil    50ml
Water   50ml
Desiccated Coconut   4Tbsp
Cake Flour    80g
Egg White    4
Dried Mango   60g
Small amount of flour to coat the mango.


Method:

1. Coat the mango bits with flour.

2. Whisk egg yolks,1/3 of  sugar together, add in oil and followed by water.

3. Add in coconut, then sift in the flour, and mix well.

4. Beat the eggs white till foamy then slowly add in the remaining sugar. Beat till stiff.

5. Add 1/3 portion of egg white to the flour batter, and blend them well. Add in the rest of the egg white, and fold in gently till well blended. Lastly add in the mango bits to the batter.

6 Pour the cake batter to a 17cm chiffon cake tin, and bake it for 30 minutes at 180'c.

7. When it's cooked, invert the cake and let it cool completely.

Comments

Wen said…
Looks nice and soft! Bookmark to try. Thanks for sharing!

I love her book too but recently I tried one of the flavour - Black pepper & camembert cheese chiffon. It's kind of weird and didn't turn out well.
Cosy Bake said…
Hi Wen.

ya, i think that rare recipe for a chiffon may taste unusual.... you mean the cake texture wasn't turn our well?
Anonymous said…
Hi,

I would like to give a try on this recipe but can u pls advise if we double d recipe to 6 egg yolks will d egg white be double to 8 or 7? Thank you.

Samantha.
Cosy Bake said…
Hi Samantha,

The egg white would be 8 if you are doubling the recipe.
hanushi said…
Hi Honeyboy,

I am one of those who like the chiffon book. Hehe... Nice chiffon. Dried mango with coconut, interesting flavour. :) Is it the dried mango that we always buy for snack?
Hi honey boy, I remember seeing your blog some time ago. Then dunno why forget to bookmark. Glad that you join in and I'm adding you to my blog list. Look out for future challenges ok. :)
Cosy Bake said…
Hanushi,

Yes, those dried mango snack from the philipines. The texture is very very good for her recipes.


Small small baker,
Thanks for adding.... Hope I will have time to bake another chiffon cake to post. I had some orders to deliver this months, so I only managed to bake this chiffon yesterday. :)
DG said…
Since there is an aspiring bakers event, I know quite varieties flavour chiffon. This is another unique one, it must be good in flavour & taste, and beautiful too!
Anonymous said…
Hi Honey Boy,

Your chiffon cake is the best that I've seen from the many blogs that I have checked out. The shape is so neat and stable that it looks like baked by professional baker. Excellent job! I look forward to your future post soon.

Reinnie
Cosy Bake said…
Thanks DG! I am looking at what other unique flavor chiffon to see I can summit to aspiring bakers before end of the month....
Cosy Bake said…
Hi Reinnie,

Thanks for your kind words. Really appreciate your dropping by. Glad that you like my bakes...

Do come by more often and drop me some comments!!
hanushi said…
Yay, I did this chiffon. :) Nice nice... thanks for sharing, linked back to u.

Popular Posts