Simple French Bread




This should be a prettier looking french bread, which I have yet to master the skill and also, the recipe called for french bread flour. It's something I do not have in my pantry and I have no idea where to get it. Wonder what kind of result I can achieve if I use the french bread flour. Hubby is now in Germany, and I gave him a shopping list to hunt for me this french bread flour. Shall wish me luck! Or may be I did not hunt hard enough in Singapore? I'm sure there should be a place that sells it. Anyway, I was pretty pleased with the result, consider the taste and texture of the bread was aromatic, soft and chewy inside. The best is to go with fermented butter. It's REALLY good. I saw both Meidi-ya and Isetan supermarket are selling the Japanese fermented butter, but at a very high price. I'm sure there are many people who enjoy good bread and butter, they wouldn't mind paying....
.
Ingredients:
French Bread Flour 250g
Salt 5g
Lemon Juice 2g
Malt Sugar 1g
Yeast 2g
Warm Water 160g
.
Method:
1. Simple combine everything using a stand mixer or by hands.
2. Knead the dough to smooth and springy state, return the dough to the mixing bowl ,cover the dough and let it rise in a warm place (35'c ).
3. When the dough has reach double the volume, punch out the air and form the dough into ball shape. Let the dough have a second rise, for about 30 minutes.
4. Cut the dough into 2 portions (or you may make few smaller french rolls), let them relax for 15 minutes, and shape them into Batards. (or any other shape you prefer). Place the shaped loaf on baking tray and let it have the final rise for one hour or reach double the volume.
5. Spray some water on the ready bake dough and give the dough a slit or two (do these before the dough going in the oven). Bake it in pre heat oven 220'c for 30 minutes.
6. Cool the bread on wire rack.

Comments

Popular Posts