I am not sure how many people would actually appreciate chiffon that's made of sweet potato. I tried it using the pumpkin chiffon recipe and it turned out pretty well. The recipe called for cinnamon powder to bring up the taste, so I did. Somehow I find the colour of the cake is rather weird.
The taste of the cake is very much of Singapore. Though there's no coconut milk in the cake, but somehow it has that tint of coconut taste. Think the older folks will find it nice.... But I must say, the texture is what a chiffon cake should be. It's absolutely light and soft.
Mashed pumpkin (Steamed) 100g
Milk 1-2 tbsp
Veg Oil 50ml
Top Flour 80g
Cinnamon 1/2 tsp
Egg white 4
1. Mix mashed pumpkin with milk in a mixing bowl to get a smooth consistency. Add in half the portion sugar, yolks and mix with a hand whisk till sugar dissolved.
2. Add in oil, water, lastly flour and cinnamon powder to form a thick batter.
4. Beat the egg white till foamy and slowly add in the other half of the sugar and whisk to soft peak.
5. Mix 1/3 of the beaten egg white to the pumpkin batter till well blended, then mix in the rest by fold them carefully.
6. When the batter is done, pour into a 17cm chiffon cake tin and bake in a pre heat oven for 30 minutes at 180'c. When the cake is baked, invert the tin and cool on a wire rack completely.