Butter Rolls













In most of the Japanese bread recipe books I have, they started with Butter roll as their basic bun making instructions. I had tried making all of them, and find this particular recipe give the most of everything of a butter roll should be - Soft and buttery. I have had tried many of other recipes and extracted those I find they are THE BEST and shall share on my blog.


Butter roll is one bread that makes me feel warm and homely. The pretty look of it, can be a decorative piece on a breakfast table. I have yet to master the rolling technique for a perfect looking butter roll. Well, practice makes perfect.....
I let my Kitchen Aid stand mixer does the kneading all the way still after I combine all the butter, before I bring the dough to knead by hands on work top. That saved all my messy mixing steps at the initial stage.
**
Ingredients:
Bread flour 450g
Cake flour 50g
Instant yeast 10g
salt 9g
sugar 40g
Warm water 265g
Egg 50g
Unsalted butter 40g
.
Method:
1. Salt, sugar and 1/4 cup of water and dissolve together in a bowl.
2. Add in both flour and the remaining water, mix to form a rough dough. Followed by yeast.
3. Knead the dough till springy and smooth. The dough shouldn't be sticky to your hands and it's ready to knead in the butter.
4. Using wrapping method and wrap in the butter. Do it in 3-4 portions wrapping. Knead the dough really well till it's smooth and none sticky. Using hit and fold methods while kneading. That's bring in air to the dough , therefore you will get a soft bread.
5.Form dough into a ball, and cover the dough, let it rise til 2-2.5 time bigger in size.
6. When the dough is well risen, bring it out on your working top, divide dough into 24 small portions. form them into ball shape, cover wt cloth and let them relax for 10 minutes.
7. After 10 minutes, flatten each dough and make the dough into tear drop shape. Again, let them relax for another 10 minutes.
8. Roll each 'tear drop' flat and roll them up to have that pretty Butter Roll shape. Place them on baking tray and let them have the last proof. which takes about 40-50 minutes.
9. Bake roll in preheat oven at 180'c for 15-18 minutes.
10. Cool butter rolls on wire rack and brush them wt melted butter while they are hot.

Comments

Popular Posts