My last minutes post to join our current month's Aspiring Bakers #6: Say Cheese! (April 2011)
I have been very occupied with some baking lately and been wanting to find a time to bake this so that I could join the rest to say CHEESE!! Mini chiffon cakes seems very cute and yet great to eat by just peeling of the paper cup. Less mess and really convenient to bring out as one of picnic food!
Cottage Cheese 80g
Lemon Juice 30ml
Veg oil 30ml
Caster Sugar 30g
Vanilla Essence 1/4 tsp
Egg White 4
Caster Sugar 50g
Frozen Blueberry 100g ( I used dried berry)
Caster Sugar 1/2 tbsp
Lemon Juice 1/2 tsp
1. In a glass bowl, in with blueberry, sugar and lemon juice. Heat them up using microwave for about 2 minutes. Drain the juice, and coat the berries with flour and set them aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk cottage cheese and lemon juice till creamy, then add in oil and whisk.
3. In another bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar until it's pale.
4. Mix in yolk mixture to cheese batter in 2-3 additions, add in salt and vanilla and mix till well combined.
5. With a stand mixer whisk egg whites til foamy, then slowly add in sugar and continue to beat till soft peak. Add into cheese mixture in 3 additions. Fold them gentle and pour 1/2 the portion to a 20cm chiffon tin , add in coated berries and pour in the remaining batter. Bake the cake in pre heated oven 180'c for 30 minutes. Invert the cake tin after baked to let the cake col completely before serving.