欢乐庆中秋


This year is my very first year of making my own moon cakes. I have always more keen to eat the baked brown moon cake pastry than the sweet and rich paste filling inside. So I had been thinking one day if I were to make my own moon cake, I would make the one that has thick pastry and little sweet paste filling. And I did it! In this case, I am able to take more pieces of the moon cake.  




                              Made these small piggy heads for my boy and nephews.







I was at my son's school today to help the children make their very first mini moon cakes for this festival. It was quite a fun to see the kids started to put the lotus paste in their mouths while were where rolling the paste into a small balls before wrapped with the pastry. They simply couldn't resist the sweet and tasty lotus paste, even the raw pastry dough!! I could see the smile on their faces when they saw the dough turned into moon cakes....... 





Pandan lotus paste with single yolk, after my first attempt using white lotus paste. Got them from Phoon Huat which are sugar free. My hubby and friends find it pretty well balance of the sweetness. I worked out some adjustment form the recipe I have and got the most ideal taste that I wanted. I am going to summit this to this month's Aspiring Bakers #11 mid Autumn Treats ,holds by Happy Home Baking. Thank her for being the host of the month.



Ingredients:

Plain flour    240g
Custard powder   10g
Golden syrup  140ml
Alkaline water   1 tsp
Peanut oil  60ml

Lotus paste. 1kg
Salted egg yolk  (optional)


Method:

1. Mix all ingredients to form a soft dough and cover the dough to let it rest for about 20 minutes.

2. Divide dough into 10 equal portions and wrap in lotus paste. Shape them into moon cakes and place on baking sheet. Bake in pre heated oven 170'c for 10 minutes. Bring the cakes out and brush on a thin layer of egg wash. return the cakes in to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.

3. Cool moon cakes on wire rack. Keep the moon cakes for about 2 days before serving.

Comments

Happy Flour said…
祝妳及家人中秋节快乐. :)
Have a Joyful Mid-Autumn Festival. :)
Cosy Bake said…
谢谢Happy Flour,

Wish you and your family a heart warming 中秋节!
Happy Homebaker said…
lovely piggy mooncakes!
祝你和家人中秋节快乐!
祝┏┯┓┏┯┓┏┯┓┏┯┓♥(\ /)
福┨中┠┨秋┨┠快┨┠樂┨ღ( . .)ღ
您┗┷┛┗┷┛┗┷┛┗┷┛c(”)(”) ⋯⋯♪♫•
Anonymous said…
Happy Mid-Autum Festival. Yr mooncake looks very delicious and the piglets cookies looks very cute and adorable. Theresa
hanushi said…
The piggies ones are so adorable! Happy mid-autumn festival to you and family! :)
Alice said…
Pandan lotus paste from PoonHuat does taste nice :)
Your mooncake looks so yummy!
Happy Mid Autumn Festival to u :)
Cosy Bake said…
Sandra, HHB, Jessie,Alice,hanushi, Edith,

祝愿大家中秋团圆,幸福满满!
Cosy Bake said…
Theresa,

Wish you and family a Happy Mid Autumn festival!
Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!
Amelia said…
Your piggies mooncake looks cute.

Popular Posts