Giant...



                                                                   Who is bigger??


Well, I know for those who are living in the USA or European countries, this may not be something rare or unusual. But for us who are here in Singapore this is definitely something hard to come by. Hubby bought two big boxes of cherries and blueberries back from the States, not that we can't get them here, but it was hard not to buy them as they were huge blueberries and they are really sweet. My son was popping one after another for his afternoon snack. He simply loves it!! Beside it's huge in size, the prices were much cheaper compared to Singapore. 

Now I am flipping through my recipe books to see is there any berries cakes to make with these 'Giants'!  Any good suggestions??

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes indeed all the berries are very cheap in States. I can get the blueberry and strawberry at US$0.98 per bunnet (if not on sale about US$2.98/bunnet) and the cherry at US$1.78/lb (if not sale, it's about US$2.99/lb). The cherries tasted so much better than Singapore as they are so much fresher and crunchier over here. Theresa
Cosy Bake said…
Theresa,

You are so lucky to be able to enjoy the summer fruits in such a good $$! I love the summer peaches too. It's my all time favorite . I was asking my hubby didn't he bring back some peaches too, he he ....
Umm Mymoonah said…
Wow! They are really fresh, looking forward to your recipes...
Your cake making skills are amazing, following your lovely blog..
Cosy Bake said…
Umm Mymoonah,

thanks for liking my blog! really honoured to have new reader following my blog. Thanks!
Unknown said…
wow..that os very tempting... hardly can get in M'sia too huhu
Betsy said…
I think that blueberry is slightly larger than the blueberries I see here, although, us blueberries are gimongous.

I am from Sweden and over there the blueberries are really small, however, they are 10 times juicier and purple than the USA blueberries so I am not a US blueberry fan :(. When I go back home I always ask my sister or mom to bake me blueberry crumple pie. You can't compare US and Swedish blueberries, they are completely different!

However, I don't want to ruin your excitement. Live you, I was absolutely stunned the first time I saw american blueberries and I do enjoy them, but in smoothies.....

All the best to you all!
Cosy Bake said…
Betsy,

Wow, if there is a chance, I would love to try out blueberries from Sweden too! I wonder those from Amsterdam would be as good as the swedish's?

Popular Posts