Blueberry Maple Bunt Cake






Lately been feeling tired and not quite in the mood of baking anything other than the usual bread for our daily breakfast. Even so, I haven't been quite 'lively'with my bread making... Just stick to that very basic ones like Graham loaf, white loaf and butter rolls. Was reading through Happy Home Baking's latest post, and realized that we have no mood to bake it's mainly our hot and stuffy weather since months ago... I can't agree with her more. My son's schoolmate's who is from Italy, and her mommy is also a great home baker, but she told me ever since they moved to Asia, she couldn't do no more baking as the weather is really unbearable for her, besides their apartment's kitchen is not that spacious. Unlike her home back in Italy , Milan. They have big kitchen and great weather that is what a baker would wish for. Oh yes yes yes.... I wish I wish I WISH!!!!!  





I promised my boy to bake something with him on the day which he has less activities. He was so looking forward to it.... At the same time I was thinking hard as to what to do with the blueberries, and Bunt cake came to my mind, while I was checking my mails. One of the mails from 'Everyday Food' was about the seasonal fruits - Blueberry! So I went though Martha Stewart.com and decided on this Bunt cake recipe.  I found a recipe on blueberry lemon bunt cake, but I wasn't very keen with cakes that has lemon in it. So I continue to browse through the website and came to this Maple Bunt cake.... I simply use the Maple bunt cake recipe and just threw in the fresh blueberries!! In the recipe call for sour cream, but I didn't have any, however, I had a tub of créme fraiche sitting in the fridge and I used that instead. The cakes are absolutely soft and moist. Though it is very much like the ordinary pound cakes recipe. But with added sour cream/ créme fraiche it changes the texture completely! Beautiful recipe. 

The fat and juicy berries were bubbling in the oven like cooking blueberry syrup. My son couldn't wait kept watching right in front of the oven, and was fascinated by the bubbling berries. when the cake are cooled, he attacked the berries first and could see that he really loved it!! 

Comments

Janine said…
I really like your cake stand and your cakes look so adorable in their rose shapes!
hanushi said…
I also agree that e weather is one of the causes for the low baking mood. Haha...

I love your presentations, dear. The wire rack that you have bought and the little rose bunt cake, how I wish I can grab my hands into the screen and help myself with one of fav fruits for baking (the blueberries). Hehe...
Umm Mymoonah said…
I love this little beauties and the texture looks amazing.
Cosy Bake said…
Thanks ladies! I wish could share the cakes with you all, really. I love the wire rack very very much too!! I wonder will I be able to find another wire rack this ' charming'. But I do know this kind of French wire rack is quite commonly found in Japan. :)

Do try this cake recipe and see how you like it!
Amelia said…
Very cute cake, lovely
Anonymous said…
I fully agree with you that I too have no mood in bakin now as it is summer in States and the temperature hover between 38 to 42 deg C and it is extremely HOT in Phoenix.
Your bunt cake looks so lovely and beautifuly like roses and I especially like the blueberry. Theresa
Anonymous said…
Such a nice bunt cake.I like your creativity. :)
ken bakes said…
Hey, just posted on my blog too before reading yours - it is the heat. The heat! Having said that, I must find that energy to bake those bundt cakes - have the same rose moulds too. They look great.

Popular Posts