Old Fashion Butter Cake
Another butter cake... Was looking through my recipe collections trying to find this old fashioned butter cake recipe. Indeed it is very old. It has got a very 'Unusual' method making this cake, whereas we would normally do the creaming or the separate eggs method.
It has a good texture and not greasy crumb. I used the pudding/ jelly mould to see if the shape would come out neat and precise. Well, as you can see it's pretty fine! However, this is still not the perfect butter cake that I always wanted though. I thought the pound cake recipe has very good result which close to my liking as well as my hubby's.
Icing Sugar 60g
Baking Powder 1/2 tsp
Plain Flour 140g
Castor Sugar 80g
1. Sift baking powder and flour together and set a side.
2. Beat butter and icing sugar till fluffy and light.
3. In another bowl, separate egg whites and yolks. Beat egg whites and sugar till stiff. Add egg yolks to beat till creamy yellow.
4. Add butter to (3) to mix well with hand. Add in flour and baking powder to blend well.
5. Pour batter in to a 7 inch round cake tin and bake in pre heated oven at 180'c for 30 minutes.