Mama Madeleine & Baby Madeleine
I like the little humps at the back of each Madeleine. They look like little chicks!!
Finally, I made them! After sooo long putting this in my must do list.... Love the shape of each Madeleine and the contrast between the big ones and small ones are really interesting ( I find). The first thing came to my mind was mommy and baby. :)
The original recipe has got lemon rind in it, but hubby prefers the one without. So my second batch I went without lemon rind, and to me it tastes pretty much like our local Malay kuih boloh ( not sure the exact spelling). Beside it's too sweet, I quite like the taste and texture of this big and small babies. They are really good while it's still warm. The next round I would like to try making them with Matcha and some other flavours. I think it is the shape of each Madeleine I am addicted to! I think make them as a gift is quite a not bad idea huh?
Icing Sugar 60g ( I used 50g)
Lemon Rind 1/2 a lemon
Cake Flour 50g
Baking Powder 1/2 tsp
Melted Butter 50g
1. Beat egg and icing sugar in a bowl till sugar well dissolved.
2. Add in lemon rind and Sifted flour + baking powder and blend well till you get a thick batter.
3. Pour in butter and mix well. Wrap batter with cling film and rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
4. Scoop batter on to buttered mould tray and bake in pre heated oven at 170'c for 15-20 minutes.
5. Cool bake Madeleine on wire rack once it's baked.