Baking in the oven.
A slit that shows the cheese filling of each bun.
I have been pretty lazy for the past one week. My mind had lots of ideas, as to what to bake. As I flipped through the recipe books, this cheese bun caught my attention. It's much easier than what I thought.
The bun is great when you eat it fresh and warm. As it is Mozzarella cheese, the cheese that ooze out to the top will gets harden once it's cooled. However, I warm the bun the next morning in parchment and foil for couple of minutes, and it's nice and soft again.
Bread Flour 200g
Dried Yeast 4g
Warm Water 100ml
Unsalted Butter 20g
Mozzarella Cheese (shredded) 120g
1. Except cheese, mix all ingredients and knead to get a smooth and springy dough.
2. Cover the dough with wet towel and let it raise in warm place for 60 minutes or till ti's double the volume.
3. Bring dough onto work top , and give it a gentle knead. Cut the dough into 8 equal portions, cover the dough and let them rest for about 5 minutes.
4. After the 5 minutes rest. Roll each dough flat and wrap in the cheese. (each cheese portion is 15g).
5. Place all the filled dough onto baking tray, and have the last raise for 28 minutes. Slit the top of each dough before baking. Bake them at 200'c for 15 minutes.
6. Cool the buns on wire rack after baking. If you like the bun to be sweet cheese buns, you may sprinkle some sugar on top.