Natural Fermentation Country Boule Bread
Amazingly soft crumbs made from natural yeast, is definitely worth the time and effort. But, there was a slight flop that the bread wasn't as tasty as expected. I think my next try will have to add a little bit more salt to bring out the taste. The crumb was so smooth and soft. And could taste the real wheat in it.
A: Bread flour 300g
Salt 1/2 tsp
Dry yeast 1 1/4tsp ( I used 15g natural leaven)
Lemon juice 1/2 tsp
B: Bread flour 100g
C: Unsalted Butter 15g
Bread flour 50g ( for shaping use)
1. Mix A's in low speed with your stand mixer/ by hands. Cover and leave it to ferment for 3 hours.
2. Mix A and B together using low speed to knead till everything incorporated well, continue to knead till smooth, slowly add in butter and step up to medium speed. Let the machine do the kneading job,till you get a smooth and elastic dough.
3. Dust hands with some flour, and shape the dough to a ball shape, then let it rest for 1 hour , covered with cling film.
4. Bring the dough out, and dust it with flour, and reshape it to a ball or a loaf and place it in the loaf tin let it have the final rise for about 40 minutes. Slit the dough top with a cross and let it continue to rise for another 20 minutes.
5. Bake in a pre heated oven at 190'c for 35 minutes. Cool the bread on wire rack after baking.