Marron Pan . Chestnut paste Bun






Have been keeping this bread recipe in my to-do list for the longest time, despite I have 2 cans of marron puree( chestnut puree) in my pantry. As the recipe showing the picture of the chestnut spread ( in the picture above) is different from those cans that I have. Therefore, I wasn't too sure if they taste the same. The chestnut puree can was meant to make Mont Blanc actually.

Last week, while I was doing some shopping at Meidi-ya, I was thrill to see the chestnut spread mentioned in the book is now on the shelf. And the price is pretty reasonable! Without much thinking, I grabbed one jar and that's when I know my to-do list will have one item less. Following the sweet bread dough recipe in the book, together filled with this chestnut spread, and further top with a zigzag Marron cream. The chestnut spread not quite giving the bun a very distinctive flavor of chestnut, but it has that mild nutty and rather sweet taste. Somehow, I don't know why, I decided to open one of the cans of the Marron puree to see if they are the same or taste the same. The result is.... they are the same in taste, the only difference is the texture. The jar bought from Meidi-ya has a smoother cream compared to the can puree.  

Using the same bread recipe as Chikuwa Bun, and just spread over some Marron spread then roll up like a Butter Roll. Before baking , squeeze on some chestnut spread as well as a sprinkle of almond flakes ( I used almond powder) on the bread. 

Comments

Quay Po Cooks said…
I have a friend who is crazy over chestnuts. If I make this for him, he will flip!
Cosy Bake said…
Oh would be a great idea!
Anh said…
Oh. I'd love a bun, please! :)
Edith said…
Which one do you prefer, the can or the jar? or rather which one has more value?
Cosy Bake said…
Anh,

Oh I wish could share some withyou!
Cosy Bake said…
Edith,

In all I would go for the one in jar which you could see in my post. I would wanna try making mont blanc soon to see how these two types of chestnut paste make the difference too.
Homemade bread always the best, you did a good job!
Cosy Bake said…
Thanks Sonia, yes i agree! i haven't bought any outside bread for quite a while.

Popular Posts