Chikuwa Pan
























A kind of Japanese bun I had never tried before, till I baked them myself. Chikuwa = Japanese grilled fish cake. One of my favorite fishcakes, which I usually cook it with udon soup. A little sweetness in the fishcakes stuffed with tuna onion mayo, is so very Japanese, though it may not be the traditional way. I find it quite addictive as both the combination are my favorites!

This can be a full meal as a quick lunch, all I need is just a bowl of green salad with sesame dressing!








Stuffed Chikuwa:

Half a can of Tuna flakes.
3 tbsp of Japanese Mayonise
Small amount of chopped onion
7 Sticks of Chikuwa





Ingredients for Bun:

Bread Flour   250g
Milk  80g
Water  80ml
Sugar  25g
Salt   3g
Egg yolk   1
Instant Dried Yeast  3g
Butter   25g


Method:

1. Mix all ingredients to form a sticky dough, and continue to knead by hands till smooth and springy. Cover the dough and let it rise for an hour.

2. Press the dough to let out the air, and give a few gentle kneads and divide the dough into 7 portions, let the dough rest for about 20 minutes.

3. Wrap in the stuffed Chikuwa and let them rest on baking tray for another 45 minutes. Bake in pre heated oven for 11-12 minutes at 190'c.

3.

Comments

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said…
哇,感觉你的面包很柔软哦~~
我来吃了^^
Cosy Bake said…
蓝蓝,

随时欢迎你。 我超爱这个包。一吃就好窝心。。。。
Wah! So speacial!
How come yr chikuwan looked longer a bit than the normal one?
The combination is very special. I can imagine it must be very yummy.
Cosy Bake said…
Wendy,

The chikuwa I bought comes in a packet of 5, and the are the longer version. The shorter ones are sold in those stylophon tray or loosely sold by number of pieces. I am sure you can get this long ones from most supermarket. Especially the Japanese supermarket like isetan and Meidi-ya.
Cosy Bake said…
Angel,

It is very yummy indeed!! I love it!

Popular Posts