Rustic Corn Bread Shaped in Corn soup Bowl






This is a bread I spent quite a while to figure out the shape of it, as I am not that well verse with Japanese just yet! At the end my son's Japanese teacher helped me with it , which it's supposed to be a corn soup bowl with a lid on!

Simple and straight forward recipe that yield a nutty crust and chewy crumb. It sounds very French isn't it? I think so, very much! Or may be just a fusion of Japanese and French ? A very basic French-like bread recipe added with corn kernels and cream corn. Just imagine a French baguette added with corn.... can you picture that? I thought I could have time to make a pot of cream of corn soup to go together with the bread, but I guess I was too ambitious! I had problem making the dough into a corn soup bowl during shaping. So this is the best I could do. My son told me they looked like the old fashion telephone, that he watched in one of his cartoon on JimJam Channel! Goodness me....  soup bowl that looks like telephone???


Ingredients:

Bread flour   250g
Sugar  8g
salt  5g
Yeast  5g
Water   90g
Cream corn  100g
Corn kernels  50g ( I used less as I didn't have enough)

Method:

1. Except butter, mix all ingredients to a sticky dough. Add in butter and continue kneading for good 10 minutes using hands. Till it becomes smooth and springy.

2. Let the dough rise in warm place and cover with damp cloth for about one hour or til it reaches double the volume.

3. Punch the air our form the dough and shape it to a ball, then let it rest for 10 minutes.

4. Divide dough into 7 each weigh about 60g. 14 each at 8g, 7 each at 5g. Roll each 60g onto a round ball, then two of 8g stick to the sides as the bowl handles. Lastly the 5g dough does on top the dough as the lid handle.

5 Place the shaped dough on baking tray and let them rise in a warm place for about 40 minutes. Bake in a pre heated oven 190'c for 15 minutes.  

Comments

Popular Posts