Create the center line using a small rolling pin.
Coat the dough surface with a little water and stick on the oat meal.
All ready for a healthy breakfast!
I get that soft and little chewy bread crumb.
Still the same book that I am exploring.... this healthy choice was my little boy's new favorite! He ate 3 at one go during our breakfast. He loves the chewy texture as well as the oat meal that stick on the rolls. I would say this is not a very tasty bread if you are looking at something that is rather sweet and rich. I reckon that the oat meal plays the main roll in this healthy buns. As we all know, oat meal is bland and tasteless. Most of the time I love to eat oat meal with cold milk top with peaches or bananas. That is something I would crave once in awhile. I remember the best oat meal cereal breakfast I had was in Frankfurt Germany years ago. Every time I went to the restaurant at the hotel for breakfast, for sure i would have a good portion of their cold oat meal porridge with fresh fruits. Suddenly it brought back lots of old memories. I miss those days having company with some close friends overseas and enjoy food from different places...
I know many people would not quite like oat meal for breakfast in our country despite it's very healthy. But I definitely understand why..... May be give this bread a try and see if this is going to change your mind??
Bread flour 220g
Oat meal 100g
Plain yogurt 80g
Instant dry yeast 4g
Warm water 150ml
Extra oat meal for coating.
1. Mix all ingredients together and for a sticky dough.
2. Bring dough to work top and knead by hands for about 10-15 minutes. Cover the dough and let it rise till 2.5 in volume.
3. Divide dough into 6 equal portions. Let it rest for 20 minutes.
4. Use your palm and press the dough down, and reshape it to ball shape, with a small rolling stick/pin press the center of the dough to create that line the middle. Wet the surface of the dough with little water and coat some oat meal on top of each.
5. Place dough on baking sheet and let the dough rise in warm place for about 40 minutes. Spray a little water on the dough and bake in preheat oven 210'c for 15 minutes.
6. Let baked buns cool on wire rack.