Organic Whole Meal Loaf
A recipe that yields a soft and light whole meal loaf, which usually not the case. After I came back from my Tokyo trip, this was my first bread I made for our breakfast. It's a recipe from one of the newly bought recipe books from Tokyo. But I used all the organic ingredients instead of the normal. I highly recommend this recipe for those who like whole meal bread and shall enjoy that light and airy bread slices. I give it a big thumbs up!!
Organic Bread Flour 180g
Organic Whole Meal Flour 20g
Organic Dried Yeast 4g
Warm Water 136g
Fine Sea Salt 3g
Organic Raw Sugar 10g
Organic Butter 15g
1. Mix all dried ingredients in mixing bowl, and use a whisk to mix them all up.
2. Add butter and water to form a dough ( by hand or stand mixer). Continue to knead the dough by hands till it's smooth and springy. Form the dough into ball shape.
3. Cover the dough with cling film and let it rise for 60 minutes or till double the volume.
4. Bring the well risen dough to work top , and give a gentle knead. Again, cover the dough and let it rest for 15 minutes.
5. After the second proving, use a rolling pin and roll the dough into rectangular shape, and roll the dough up like a Swiss roll, and put in the bread tin for final proving.
6. When the dough has reach three quarter high of the tin, bake the dough in a pre heat oven for 20 minutes at 190'c.
7. Cool the baked loaf on wire rack.