Pandan Chiffon




A not so green Pandan Chiffon, but it's full of flavor.


I always have problem removing the cake from the tin. Look at the holes!

One of the most popular chiffon cakes would be Pandan Chiffon. It is also my very first chiffon cake I learnt to make. I didn't have a proper recipe for it since my first time baking it. I just convert the Orange Chiffon recipe to make my own Pandan Chiffon. Well, it works!




For this particular chiffon cake, I referred to one of my chiffon recipe books and fix up my own concoction, as the Japanese they don't have Pandan Chiffon in their books. The best of all, I did not use any baking powder! Which most mommies would choose not to. The cake is very moist and soft, I can't see any different from those with baking powder. I also use pure Pandan juice and never use Pandan paste from the bottle.


**


Ingredients:
.
Yolk 3
Sugar 70g
Veg Oil 30g
Coconut Milk 30ml
Pandan juice 50ml
Top flour 80g
Egg white 4

.
Method:


1. Yolks and half of the sugar mix in a bowl, followed by oil , coconut milk and pandan juice. Make sure the sugar is melted and mix in the flour.



2. Beat egg whites with the remaining sugar and beat till stiff peak. Fold 1/3 of the white to yolk batter and fold in well, before adding the batter to the remaining white. Use folding technique to mix both batter till well blended. Be gentle during the folding, and not over mix.



3. Pour the batter to a 17cm chiffon tin, bake in pre heat oven at 180'c for 30 minutes. After the cake is baked, invert the cake tin and let the cake cool completely before getting the cake out of the mould.

Comments

Allie said…
Ooh...pandan chiffon. One of my favorite cakes of all time! Yours look yummy! To unmould it nicely, perhaps you can try using a thin-blade knife and work round the pan slowly? It works for me :).

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you!
Cosy Bake said…
Allie, That's what I did to unmould the cake. think I need to be more gentle.... haha...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!

Popular Posts