Chocolate Cake with Ganache Topping







A friend of mine came back from France and we were invited to her new place for lunch so I baked this  classic chocolate cake to bring over as our dessert, also her two little princesses like chocolate cakes! It's  simple to make yet quite a flavourful cake to enjoy. We had it together with some fresh strawberries and it was heaven!!! I never been really a chocolate person, but yesterday's experience had changed my opinion a little towards chocolate cakes.

I used the recipe from Martha Stewart's and I will stick to this as an when I crave or need a chocolate cake. And with this I shall join this month's Aspiring Bakers #7 Chocolate Delight ( May 2011) before I go for my long holidays. As I know I won't have time after come back before the month ends!


Ganache:

75ml Double Cream
75g  Dark Chocolate (Chopped)


Method:

1. Boil double cream in a pot till with low flame till it starts to boil.

2. Pour boiled cream to chopped chocolate in a glass bowl, and gentle stir till all chocolate is melted.

3. Pour ganache over cooled cook and let it set. Chill the cake in the fridge before serving.

Comments

Janine said…
This cake looks delicious! The flowers and curls make the cake look really good! And have a good holiday!
Cosy Bake said…
Thanks Jainine!
Anonymous said…
I concur with Janine! the decor really lit up the whole cake! Is this cake the light and airy type or the moist and dense type?
DG said…
Everything looks so good & yummy. Your cake really have the sweet look, love it!
Alice said…
pretty cake and looks delicious!
Cosy Bake said…
Travellingfoodies,

This is more to the moist and dense cake. It goes well with any kind of chocolate icing/ frosting. I thought the cake looked rather naked with just the ganache, so I deco with sweet daisies....
Cosy Bake said…
Thanks DG, Allie!
garlutti said…
Deliciosa receta para cubrir el pastel de chocolate ...la apunto ..besos MARIMI
Cosy Bake said…
Hi garlutti,

I can't read your language but I know With the word 'deliciosa' it means yummy! He he... Thanks!
j3ss kitch3n said…
the cake is so beautiful! looks so moist as well! yummy!
sean said…
那两朵小花很漂亮。
是怎样做的?
Happy Flour said…
The cake is so lovely and delicious. ;p
Cosy Bake said…
Sean,

那两朵小花是买的。。。它们是威化饼。
Allie said…
Ezee, this cake looks gorgeous!
Cosy Bake said…
Thanks Allie,

It is a very simple cake in fact. :)

Popular Posts